Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

jaackkiiee
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to delete blackberry apps

Hi!

I just purchased a blackberry curve and downloaded several applications for it. I no longer want two of these apps and plugged my blackberry into the desktop manager.

When I click on Application Loader then Add/remove apps and start, a full list of all the apps on my blackberry appears. Several of the apps cannot be unchecked: Pandora, My Cast Weather, and Pocket Manager cannot be unchecked. But App World and Brio Calorie tracker can be unchecked (and removed.)

I have rebooted my computer and tried several times. I cannot uncheck the boxes next to those three apps.

Please help me! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to delete blackberry apps

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You can try removing them from the device itself...usually that's in

Options > Advanced Options > Applications

That will, on the device, build a list of the installed apps. Highlight (don't select) the app you want to remove, click the BB/Menu key, select Delete. Be very careful and selective...stay away from anything that seems to be part of the core system.

I'm not at all sure why it won't let you do so from the DM software...but, then again, I never use DM... 

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TOphotog
My Device: Tour 9630 5.0.0.983 + Playbook 1.0.7.3312
My Carrier: Bell Canada

[ Edited ]
Thanks for that last instruction.  It helped me when I couldn't delete Pandora through Desktop Mgr. 
Message Edited by TOphotog on 09-28-2009 10:58 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LuvrGirl
My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

BUMP!

I've tried deleting some apps and they seem to somehow come back?! Help!

I have the Bold 9700 with AT&T and I don't want MyCast Weather, MobiTV, XM Radio, Brain Challenge and Scrabble.

Now, I go into Options>Applications and I don't see these apps in the list.

I go into Options>Advanced>Service Books and I see these listed there. So I highlight it and hit delete and the icon is removed from the homescreen. So I think it's gone and all... but after a reset they show up again!! Help!!!!

~maria

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

LuvrGirl wrote:

BUMP!

I've tried deleting some apps and they seem to somehow come back?! Help!

I have the Bold 9700 with AT&T and I don't want MyCast Weather, MobiTV, XM Radio, Brain Challenge and Scrabble.

Now, I go into Options>Applications and I don't see these apps in the list.

I go into Options>Advanced>Service Books and I see these listed there. So I highlight it and hit delete and the icon is removed from the homescreen. So I think it's gone and all... but after a reset they show up again!! Help!!!!

~maria

Hello,

If they are not listed in the application list, then the application is not installed. What you are seeing are likely Service Books that push, from your carrier, a "teaser" icon to you to entice you to click it and install the apps. You cannot block those. As you have discovered, if you delete the Service Book, your carrier dutifully pushes them back out to you. I keep a folder on my Homescreen (called "Spare Icons" -- others call it "Junk") into which I move those pesky things.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LuvrGirl
My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!