Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Bhatnagarnimish123
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel DRC

Unable to download BB Desktop Software for Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Dear all,

I have purchased a BB Bold 9900 recently but unfortunately, I don't have desktop software for it.

I tried to download the same from BB website but no sooner does the down load start, I recieve error message that : The publisher of 710_b039_multilanguage.exe could not be verified. & download stops.

I have tried several times even after disabling windows firewall, smartscreen filter etc but in vein.

I am using  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.

Kindly help.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to download BB Desktop Software for Bold 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please verify:

1) You should be downloading to your PC from this portal:

2) Is it truly the download that fails this way? Or do you complete the download, and then try to run it, and then this error presents? It would be quite odd for this to fail on the true download step...

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bhatnagarnimish123
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel DRC

Hi!

Thanks for your reply but I'm doing exactly like what you are suggesting. I always try to download from the authentic webpage of Blackberry.

when I click download button,as soon as download box appears, apart from usual message "Do you want run or save....", dialogue box also says that "This type of file could harm your computer". Even after this, if I try to run or save the exe file, it downloads for a few percent, stops abruptly & shows error that publisher could not be verified. This happens in IE, Chrome and other browsers. I have even tried to downlad this file after disabling my antivirus, windows defender and windows firewall, but I got the same result.

Now, I fail to understand how & why should windows 7 not verify a software from authentic Blackberry site?

Please check & suggest other means to get past this situation.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Very strange...very strange indeed. I don't think that there is anything wrong with the download file (on the site), the RIM site, nor anything else on that end. Indeed, I am downloading it as I type this reply, and it has completely successfully. So all I can deduce is that your computer, your internet connection firewall, some other firewall, or even perhaps your ISP is doing something to block this download shortly after it begins, which is resulting in the error you are seeing.

I did a quick "Google" of the message "The Publisher could not be verified" and all the results seem to indicate that this is from Windows at the point when it attempts to actually RUN the file...not while it is downloading. Which further boosts my theory above that the download itself is getting interrupted by something, and therefore the downloaded file is incomplete, and when it is then RUN, it being incomplete is resulting in this message. But, if that theory is indeed correct, then the remedies I found would be useless since you actually don't have a complete download file anyway.

I'm going to provide you with two links to alternate download sources that I've used in the past. Maybe you can get a successful download from one of them:

Otherwise, you must dig deeper into your computer, your firewall(s), your internet connection devices, and perhaps even your ISP.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.