If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Visitor
Retch
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Unable to synchronize- Internal Error #4238

[ Edited ]

After trying all of the various solutions that I had found here and other places I still could not synch my Outlook calendar with the Torch. So I thought I would share this with you if you still have not found a solution. This should probably be your last resort, all of the other solutions would have been a breeze if they had worked.

I do have a unique setup in that I require BB redirector so I am stuck with Desktop Manager 5.0.1 with Outlook 2007 on my company PC. BB tech support will tell you that this is not possible but I have been using this setup since I received the Torch in Aug 2010.  

I started receiving the same errors as everyone else in this post, e.g.. Failed to open device database, Internal error #4238 and connector specific error. And through process of elimination it was only the calendar that was giving the error. I connected my personal laptop with DM 6.0,  Outlook 2007 installed and attempted to synch, but received the same errors. I performed a full uninstall of DM 6.0 including the registry and installed DM 5.0, the same as I have on my company laptop. But same results.

Conclusion was that it was a device database or OS on the phone that was creating the issue. Thinking back, this problem began occurring after I upgraded the operating system on the 9800.  The OS upgrade bumped me up to 6.0.0.246 but either it was a bad download or it was not compatible DM 5.0. I reverted back to OS 6.0.0.141, rebooted and wa-lah it synched with DM 5.0. I then reset all of synch settings to how I need them and did a full synch without any problems. Of course this is a complete wipe, so through the synchronize/advanced tab I restored only the items I absolutely needed from my most recent backup, e.g. email, texts, call history, etc. I was cautious here because it was getting late and did not want to corrupt my phone again.

Hope this helps someone and saves them the 4hrs I spent on this.

For ATT the device operating systems can be found at https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4

Good Luck,

Retch

Please use plain text.
theconor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: Unable to synchronize- Internal Error #4238

I regret to say that I have the same error and that neither clearing the device database nor using one way sync from Outlook to the device worked.

I can see that the issue occurs when trying to first read the Outlook data, before it starts reading the device data.

I would still like a resolution.

Thanks

Please use plain text.