Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
Paulg
My Device: Not Specified

Unknown Error

Hi all,

Bit of a head scratcher here.

I've got 3 users with 2 pearl handsets and 1 with a curve.

On a variety of laptops and desktops all at xp sp2. with either the 4.3 or 4.5 desktop software.

The only consistency between them is they all get an "Unknown error occurred" during the calender sync with the desktop.

They all have outlook 2003, and I have replaced handsets, software, and sim cards. Still the error pops up.

I'e spent 2 months trying to solve this and its just giving me a headache.

Hopefully someone here will be able to advise me.

BTW: the other 25 users I have here with similar handsets and software dont get any errors. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Unknown Error

I get this in desktop manager 4.3 but don't hear such in version 4.5. I found new version is more stable then previous 4.3. Remove all desktop manager from those laptop. Don't keep any settings of desktop manager. Go to your local drive and delete all the files and folder related with desktop manager. After having a restarts of your laptop install desktop manager 4.5. I hope the issue will be resolved.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Paulg
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unknown Error

Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work.

Still getting the same issue. 

Please use plain text.