Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
rimm
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Updated to DM 6, cannot configure sync

Bifocals,

I too am having DM6 media sync issues on:

Windows Vista SP2

8900 V4.6.1.250

Rogers

When trying to sync I get the message that no memory media is installed or mass media is not turned on.  I double checked and mass media is turned on.

My service provider techsupp sent me back to DM5 and insisted no patch/work around was available.

I spent an hour or so reading through all these posts and will try some of these options if you think they are applicable to my issue.

As for DM5 vs DM6, DM5 is a resource hog (I used to be a software developer - and man that thing is a pig!) and for what I could use it for DM6 seemed much lighter and faster!  I hope to get my issue resolved and move on...

Does anyone on this post have any contact / influence with RIM to see if there is a DM6 patch pending?

Thanks for your help and standing in the gap! 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

rimm wrote:

Bifocals,

I too am having DM6 media sync issues on:

Windows Vista SP2

8900 V4.6.1.250

Rogers

When trying to sync I get the message that no memory media is installed or mass media is not turned on.  I double checked and mass media is turned on.

My service provider techsupp sent me back to DM5 and insisted no patch/work around was available.

I spent an hour or so reading through all these posts and will try some of these options if you think they are applicable to my issue.

As for DM5 vs DM6, DM5 is a resource hog (I used to be a software developer - and man that thing is a pig!) and for what I could use it for DM6 seemed much lighter and faster!  I hope to get my issue resolved and move on...

Does anyone on this post have any contact / influence with RIM to see if there is a DM6 patch pending?

Thanks for your help and standing in the gap! 

Hi rimm.

I wish I could help! Unfortunately my Window7 laptop crashed rather badly and I'm in the progress of recovery. I will rejoin the thread as soon as possible.

Good Luck!

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Calscouter
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry Folks,

None of the information you gave this person was helpful to me. I updated to DM 6.0 and could not sync. Finally after three days of searching for answers, Yesterday I removed 6.0 and reinstalled 5.0.1 which I was previously very happy with and guess what - "unknown error" now when I try to sync my 9700.

I recall it was a fews days and a bit of frustration when I first set up the sync on my BOLD, now I know I will wait for at least 90 days before updating my DM in the future.....

I reinstalled the 5.0.1 from the disc with my BOLD.

Anyone have any thoughts on where I should begin and please do not list those documents again - for a 60 yr old they were not intuitively helpful!

Calscouter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UNBELIEVABLE
My Device: 8900 Curve

please check the DM version 6 crashing blog further in this Forum.

I encourage all those who have persistently tried and tried and tried again to implement every suggestion on this Forum, to you please join "Jesse's  poll" on the Crackberry forum and vote on VERSION 6.

It seems that RIM believe that all of us are very  tiny minority not worth helping out, or that the problem is elsewhere with  our service provider or hardware config.

But there are far too many entries in this forum which suggest otherwise.

And note that DM5 works for most people, but not DM6.  Surely comparing the changes between the two release should give their R&D  engineers and QA people some clue ?

Jesse's poll can be found on :    DM6 crashing, DM6 not working.

GO AND VOTE, let your voice be heard!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gpokmd
My Device: Verizon Curve 8330

BUT......version five of DM STILL doesnt sync with Outlook 2010, correct ? so HOW does this help us ? :smileysurprised:

Gregory S Pokrywka MD, FACP

Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease and Women’s Menopausal Health

Assistant Professor of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Inaugural Diplomate American Board Clinical Lipidology
Certified Menopause Practitioner: North American Menopause Society
Director: Baltimore Lipid Center
Please use plain text.
mattida
My Device: Tour 9620
My Carrier: Verizon

DM 6.0 Sync issue Finally Fixed.

Here is what worked after wasting 8-10 hours at work and personal time.

Leave your Blackberry connected

DO NOT uninstall DM 6.0 (after tryinmg 6 or more times io deceided to leave this DM version on my pc figuring it was missing a file of some sort)

Download Blackberry Mutilanguage version 5.0 nonmedia manager (not 5.0.1)

Install the software

Do not install media sync

Select your sync options

You should be all set.

I believe during the setup process a few files are removed with the temp files. That is why the.msi error is happening . This file is missing and cannot be found for a repair installation.

What a joke this has been. I will be switching to the iphone as soon as verizon gets there act together. I was switching anyway but this confirmed it. I have not deleted DM 6.0 in fear of it taking a few files from Dm version 5.0. I will never upgrade this **bleep** again.

Please use plain text.
mattida
My Device: Tour 9620
My Carrier: Verizon

DM 6.0 Sync issue Finally Fixed.

Here is what worked after wasting 8-10 hours at work and personal time.

Leave your Blackberry connected

DO NOT uninstall DM 6.0 (after tryinmg 6 or more times io deceided to leave this DM version on my pc figuring it was missing a file of some sort)

Download Blackberry Mutilanguage version 5.0 nonmedia manager (not 5.0.1)

Install the software

Do not install media sync

Select your sync options

You should be all set.

I believe during the setup process a few files are removed with the temp files. That is why the.msi error is happening . This file is missing and cannot be found for a repair installation.

What a joke this has been. I will be switching to the iphone as soon as verizon gets there act together. I was switching anyway but this confirmed it. I have not deleted DM 6.0 in fear of it taking a few files from Dm version 5.0. I will never upgrade this **bleep** again.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Desktop Manager has been updated again.  Has anyone tried it to see if it solves any of these problems?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

John_Clark wrote:

Desktop Manager has been updated again.  Has anyone tried it to see if it solves any of these problems?

Haven't seen any posts on it yet John.

Just FYI they have updated the clean uninstall procedure as of today.

KB02206       

How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
gsilsby
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

I am running the following:

BB 8350i on Nextel with OS 5.0

Windows 7 64 bit

Office 2003

I have done all that wqas listed in KB03490 and still cannot uninstall DM 5.0 or 6.0. I want them off my system. I have had nothing but problems since DM did it's self upgrade from DM 5 to DM 6. Heck I was even asked if I wanted the upgrade.

How do I get it to uninstall?

Please use plain text.