Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
SunnieB
My Device: Bold9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Updated to DM 6, cannot configure sync

My apologies, folks.  I had clicked on the reply on the 2nd post on page 1 of this Thread, a post sent by "Bifocals".  He put in some links that take you straight to an RSS Feed on Desktop Manager OS6, as well as links for PDF Manuals for OS6.  I am THAT new, thought it would go under his, not at the end.  I know now!  So, I suppose it might help someone to go back to page 1 and utilize those links.  I hope so, it has helped me.  I utilize Windows 7, Office 10 and a Bold 9780 tethered to a laptop via dial-up, my only way to connect to the Internet.  Sorry for my error.  Thanks for all the great info I am finding throughout this thread.

On my Aspire laptop tethered to my Bold 9780 via T-Mobile
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
damnlimey408
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

I have had the same problems with a Curve 9600 and Version 6.0. i had tried just about everything I could find until I finally followed Vollem's suggestions on about page 4 of this thread, to do a complete un-install and then a registry cleanup. I re-installed V6.0.1 and finally got Sync to work!

I am very happy.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Cool!
I'm glad you got it figured out.

Kudos's to you for your research!
Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andrea-ohs-italy
My Device: BOLD 9700 and BOLD 9900
My Carrier: TIM

I solve my problem with this link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB23978.

N.B.: All the download applications will be cancelled.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi andrea-ohs-Italy and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for sharing your solution other users will benefit from your info.

Kudos's to you for your research!
Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pegs
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, just bought  a BB Bold 9780 so first time installation of DM6 (no previous versions) - same sync error and the uninstall option is not clean as when it is reinstalled the DM still has my phone details - registry entries are not being deleted - is there a registry tool to clean the reg properly. I guess a fresh download will not solve things so where to go from here??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hughesjohn23
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 (model: RDA71UW)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello

I have a similar problem. Upgraded my BB to a curve 9300, and when prompted upgraded desktop software to version 6.011.18. (PC is using windows XP service pack 2 version 2002)

when i try to synchronise organiser, it allows me to configure each application (selecting outlook), but will not then allow me to input a check mark in the tick box beside calender, contacts, etc. - each time i try it sends me back into the configure sync loop, and i can not find a way out of this.

I am a novice in this worls, by previous BB was a curve 8310 and i think i was using desktop software version 2 or something. It was not pretty but it was relaible, which is what i need.

any help greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

hughesjohn23 wrote:

Hello

I have a similar problem. Upgraded my BB to a curve 9300, and when prompted upgraded desktop software to version 6.011.18. (PC is using windows XP service pack 2 version 2002)

when i try to synchronism organizer, it allows me to configure each application (selecting outlook), but will not then allow me to input a check mark in the tick box beside calendar, contacts, etc. - each time i try it sends me back into the configure sync loop, and i can not find a way out of this.

I am a novice in this worls, by previous BB was a curve 8310 and i think i was using desktop software version 2 or something. It was not pretty but it was relaible, which is what i need.

any help greatly appreciated.

Hi hughesjohn23 and welcome to the forums!
Make sure you have the wireless synchronization option turned off.
Thanks,
Bifocals
KB23978 BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 displays address book or calendar as not installed within Organizer

Synchronize your organizer data

To perform this task, you must first set up organizer data synchronization. Also, on your BlackBerry smartphone, wireless synchronization must be turned off for each type of organizer data that you want to synchronize.

1. Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer.
  2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer.
  3. Review the organizer applications and settings that are selected for synchronization and, if necessary, make changes.
  4. Click Sync.

Note: This can also be done by clicking on Device, then Sync by type and then Organizer.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi Pegs and welcome to the forums!

In addition to removing all the desktop manager files found on the system.  Delete any devices OS files as well. You can see those listed in the WIndows installed software list as well.

Make sure you have delete the following folders........

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Blackberry Desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>Application Data\Research In Motion

In addition to the uninstall procedure try Microsoft KB 295823 and remove anything RIM related. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295823

I am a firm believer in maintaining the Windows System Registry.

I use the Norton Security Suite from Symantec I can recommend Kapersky also. I use and recommend the clean uninstall procedure because it gives users the best option for success. Most users follow only the steps outside of the registry edit and as result they get partial if any success.

Let me be clear using a Registry maintenance program will not prevent registry errors when installing or removing a program. It will provide  for a clean, well structured and clearly defined integration into Windows and current programs. In problem installations you will have access to more restore points to fall back on and a clear change log of what or why changes failed.

To me the Regedit function is brain surgery. The only thing I have in common with the gifted hands of a doctor is poor penmanship! :Yes:

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pegs
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, I have followed your suggestions and uses Registry Mechanic to clean the registry - I looked through the registry just to check and could see no entries related to Blackberry or RIM - however, when I reinstalled DM6 the phone details are still there on the DM home screen so therefore the details must still reside in some obscure folder or registry entry somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas for location of the folder or registry entry.

Please use plain text.