If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Contributor
macallik
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: WHAT PHONES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH VISTA 64 BIT

gnatt wrote:

I'm new to this thread.

I wonder if the desktop mgmt s/w works with not only "ultimate," but "home premium" as well?  What does your sister use?  The reason I ask is because I have a vista 64-bit "home premium" and I want to buy the Bold, but read somewhere either in the desktop mgmt s/w user guide or the BB website that the CALENDAR IS UNABLE TO SYNCH? with vista 64-bit OS.  Unfortunately, I cannot buy the Bold if the calendar is unable to synch with my 64-bit home premium. 

Tnx for your advise...it is very useful and helpful.

I  alsonow have a new pc with Vista Home premium 64-bit. It synced my calendar with Outlook 07 fine.No data lost, everything works fine. I am still using DM 4.7.  What do you want to sync your BB calendar with?

BB 9810
BB10 Alpha
BB Playbook
Please use plain text.
gnatt
My Device: Model 9000 "Bold"

OK, so, I'm good.....I purchased the Bold yesterday after the salesman showed me a posting on the crackberry forum explaining how I could get my by Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit) to work with the Desktop Manager.  I also had the option to return the Bold within 30 days if I didn't like it.

Here's what the salesman showed me:

================================

Here's the forum link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/vista-82990/

Check out the bottom post.

================================

I did everything as stated on this post: installed the boxed cd DM v 4.6, then went to website and updated to 4.7 without media.  It took a LONG time and a LOT Of patience, but it works...I'm synching with outlook successfully.

Please use plain text.
gnatt
My Device: Model 9000 "Bold"

Forgot to say thanks for your advise and help.  I'm glad my stuff works with the Bold.  It really is an incredible device.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JMoltzer
My Device: Not Specified

Just a friendly reminder to anyone who is syncing a BB. if you are syncing to a new computer, if you bought a new computer and are using your old BB, if you are using your old tried and true computer with a new BB... whatever the case

Back up your pst file before you do anything

If you have a thumbdrive... get in the habit of backing your pst to it once a week

If you ever loose your BB or need to switch computers, you'll be thankful you did, especially if you live and die by that wounderful sync between BB and Outlook.

Thankfully my failed hard drive started working just long enough to pull the pst off it. I'm now almost to where I was before the incident. With the new 64bit computer my only issue left is getting the blue tooth to work. Apparently you still cannot use the drivers that come with the blue tooth, you must use the windows supplied ones... worked with fidling on my XP but the Vista computer did not offer any generic blue tooth drivers... odd.

Please use plain text.
ABCTUN
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Wincom

HI, it's not the phone that should be compatible with vista 64. Desktop manager software has to be compatible with vista 64 . A mean a 64 bits machine running vista.

I m trying the same thing with windows 7 64 bits and desktop manager software. I will let you know. Regards

Please use plain text.