If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

equis
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Will BB 8330 sync with MS Outlook?

I am considering replacing my Palm Treo 700P with the BB Curve 8330, and have always used MS Outlook as my Desktop Contact Manager. Will BB sync with MS Outlook 2003, and if not do they have a reasonably similar program? I need email, calendar, contacts and note, primarily. Thanks. 
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Will BB 8330 sync with MS Outlook?

equis wrote:
I am considering replacing my Palm Treo 700P with the BB Curve 8330, and have always used MS Outlook as my Desktop Contact Manager. Will BB sync with MS Outlook 2003

Yes, that is currently what I am using.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
clydealpert
My Device: Not Specified

I am using:

BB Model 8830

Desktop Software 4.7

Outlook 2003 (connected to Exchange 2003 Server, NO BB Server)

Sync problem (repeatedly):

For organizer data, I sync using one way from Outlook to Device initially. I choose ALL items, replace ALL Device data.

Then I set the sync configuration to two-way between Outlook & Device.

When changing one item in each of the calendar, address book, memos, and task list, I attempt to sync again but get a whole slew of items to be changed:

(1) It appears that recurring calendar items do not sync correctly, particularly if the item originated more than a month or two ago. The Desktop software wants to delete calendar items from Outlook. Even after REJECTING the updates, sometimes items are deleted anyway.

(2) Address book changes seem to work, except when only a company exists in Outlook (no first and last name). In these no-name cases, often duplicates are created in both Outlook and the device.

(3) Memos seem to work fine.

(4) Tasks seem to work correctly, unless again, the task is recurring.

Does anyone know where I can find any official documentation from either Microsoft or Blackberry are these difficulties?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

for the address book items, you will have to correct them in Outlook. Then everything will be fine.

for the recurring events & tasks, I don't know. Maybe you can look at the recurrence, rewrite it and save the item in Outlook. It may be enough to solve the problem. I don't think you will ever find a documentation from Microsoft about that issue. For official documentation from blackberry, you can check the public knowledge base, that holds dozens of articles about the Desktop Manager. You can access that KB by clicking on the "BlackBerry Technical Solution Center" on top of the current page.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.