Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
jimnickerson
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Yahoo Synching?

Have I lost it or why can't I synch to Yahoo in version 4.3? 4.2 worked flawlessly. The support webpage says that Yahoo PIM is a synch option in 4.3. Thanks for your help!! 
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Yahoo Synching?

Hi jimnickerson

If you do not see the option to choose Yahoo to synchronize with you can try to follow this KB article

This article basically states to register a dll file by following these instructions:

Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Windows XP - go to start, run and type CMD

Windows Vista - go to start, programs, accessories, right click command prompt and select run as administrator

In the command line window type the following:

cd "\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\Yahoo Connector"

regsvr32 DCSXlator.dll

Try to synchronize again.

If you can choose Yahoo, but are having issues synchronizing, please give more details including any steps you take to synchronize, error messages you are getting, etc.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimnickerson
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Yahoo Synching?

Thanks so much for the reply. It worked flawlessly. However, if I wouldn't teach computing it could be a little tough. Can't Yahoo be added as a default choice? Thanks again!! I really, really appreciate it!!  :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.