Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

sethjk
My Device: Not Specified

Yahoo sync issue

My wife got her first BB this past weekend,a Pearl flip, however she's a yahoomail user and after days of trying, can't seem to setup sync properly.
Everytime we try to use DM to sync her contacts with yahoo, it freezes up at the "reading yahoo address book" stage. I let it sit there for almost 20 minutes yesterday and she's tried from a different computer today. I just can't seem to figure it out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
PA19103

Re: Yahoo sync issue

I'm having the same issue started like yesterday. It hangs at that stage and then eventually it dies and DM says nothing is connected. I have a BB Curve 8330 and DM 4.7. Anyone experience this? I can't figure it out.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rmcbri01

Did anyone come up with an answer on this?  My Tour has been syncing just fine via DM 5.0.1 until today.  It is stuck on the "Reading From Yahoo Address Book" screen and doesn't budge.  I eventually have to manually kill DM, and no syncing has occured.  Also, my DM is up to date.

For the last few weeks I have been successfully sycning my Outllook calendar with the Tour calendar, and my Yahoo address book with my Tour contacts....until today.

Any suggestions???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rmcbri01

I reinstalled DM 5.0.1 and tried syncing again...with the same result.  I went back into my sync settings and set it to just sync my Outlook calendar to the Tour calendar and it worked perfectly.  Then I changed the settings to only sync my Yahoo address book with the Tour contacts and it hung up again.  When I have both options attempting to sync nothing gets synced at  all.  Obviously something is wrong with the Yahoo piece and it's keeping the calendar from syncing as well.

I have no other ideas to try.  I'm lost.....

Please use plain text.
larrysluke

I've been using DM 5.0 and 5.0.1 for weeks and syncing the address book with no problems.  Yesterday, it stopped when 'Reading Yahoo Address Book'.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Monster131

Beginning today I'm having the same problem.  The software will read all of my address book entries, but then when it goes to read my yahoo address book, it freezes up.  I'm unable to update my BB contacts...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Memo

I'm having exact same problem!  Anyone figure this out?

I have a Curve 8900 and latest version of DM.  DM reads calender, contacts, memo, tasks etc then gets stuck while "reading Yahoo adress book".

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikekreps

My wife and I are also having the same issue - different PC's and different BB's - I have sent emails to support at Yahoo and blackberry.

It ain't us - Appears to be Yahoo - SWAG

Michael
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
htfrontier

I have been using Desktop Manager for a while and I managed to synchronize with yahoo address book until recently. The whole process stops at "reading yahoo address book".  I use DM 5.0.1.18. Anyone has any solution yet?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leshlb

I have a verizon Tour.  Same problem.  Locks up at address/contact sync.  Tried everything to fix.  Nothing seems to work. 

Please use plain text.