02-09-2010 10:56 AM
Well, it gets further in the process than it has previously. It pulls in information from Yahoo and asks to make changes for conflicts, new additions, etc. Click Accept and it starts... then a error displays saying the connection to Yahoo was lost. One step closer, but it is still not syncing for me.
I tried resetting the sync process and entering everything again including Yahoo information. That did not work.... it says connection to Yahoo lost each time I try it.
02-09-2010 11:22 AM
Removed the option to sync notepad and now it synced the address book. It was giving a intelisync error. Unchecked to do the memo sync and the contacts synced without any problem. Finally!
02-22-2010 02:42 PM
I had given up sinceJan '10 trying to synch my Yahoo address book with my storm2 using DM 5.0.1.
Well, I gave it a try today, and voila! It worked great. They must have fixed "something" since Yahoo changed their contacts.
So glad to have that behind me!
Good luck everyone!
09-23-2010 10:13 PM
I figured out why Addressbook synch was freezing. The "First" and "Last" name fileds in Yahoo must have values and be filled in. I had several records with only "Company" names, which is compatible with the Blackberry device, but confuses Yahoo. I tricked Yahoo by inserting "---" in the first and last name fields where there were not individual names, only company names.