Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
susanstjohn
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: optus

desktop software for bold smartphone

I want to sycronise my bold to my pc and to my HP notebook. Can I do this? When I have tried, the configure box is not highlighted so that I can change settings. I want to configure from PC tp bold and then from bold to my notebook.

susan

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: desktop software for bold smartphone

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please follow carefully this KB:

• KB03315 How to synchronize organizer data using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Please state, citing specific sections of the KB, what exactly is not working as expected.

Also, what PC organizer app are you using? See this KB for compatibility:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
susanstjohn
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: optus

I can sync on my windows PC ok. I then want to take my bold to another notebook HP and sync with outlook on the notebook but it will not sync and I cannot configure becuase the configure button is faint and will not open susan

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...I think I understand that...some additional punctuation would help...I'm not one of those youngsters who can work with today's "text speak" style of writing where grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation have all gotten so very lost.

In any event, you also did not cite any specific locations for me to help you better...but I think you were here, in KB03315:

• Task 2
  • But, since you have not revealed which version of the Desktop Software you are using, I am left with two guesses:
    • In the Intellisync setup window, select the check box beside an organizer application
    • - OR - 
    • Under Select Organizer Data to Synchronize, select Configure for each Organizer item:ContactsCalendarTasks, and Memos

And, when you get there, the configure button is not selectable. If I've gotten that wrong, do please help me by providing exactly where in the process you are stuck please. In any event, if I've gotten that right, then maybe this applies:

• KB23978 BlackBerry Desktop Software displays address book or calendar as not installed within Organizer

Then again, it could be that on this HP notebook the version of Outlook is not compatible...but you have not revealed that either...when you read the KB about compatibility, I'm sure you noticed that there are multiple versions of Outlook with different compatibility to different Desktop Software versions. But, not knowing that information, I can't guess much better than this for you.

More details from you will, of course, improve our chances of guessing correctly to try and help you.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.