Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
fhoch
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: t mobile

help - suddenly can't synch to my PC

Hi -- suddenly i'm getting tons of the following error messages in my log and it no longer synchs to my PC

Error Information: 12083 (00002f33) (KnownErrorWithHardcodedText), Description: CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id, File: .\Record.cpp, Line: 923

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: help - suddenly can't synch to my PC

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here's the best match I could find. Use the advanced logging trace on synch to isolate to isolate the address book record or  "contact" and see if you can repair it.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB31008  Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Software

"An  Address Book contact containing a blank contact image may casue the

synchronication to stop." 

Resolution
This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
CollapseWorkaround
For the Address Book contact containing a blank contact image, attempt to save a new image for the contact.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fhoch
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: t mobile

Hi - thank you for the quick response.  Just wanted to note that the problem must be in a calendar entry because my address book and memos synched just fine. Also I just ran the more detailed report, but can't figure out how to isolate the record.  Any other ideas?  Thanks again.  Very kind of you to take the time to help.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi ,

Without knowing the details of your setup, I'd just be guessing.

And I'm sure you've had enough of that so far! :Sweatdrop:

I listed some "generic" places to look for problems in the links below.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB16261 BlackBerry Desktop Software prompts to delete a high number of calendar entries during a wired synchronization

KB31994 Desktop Software 7 displays "Synchronization Error" when synchronizing calendar data

KB14924 "Error Encountered 0x8004FD2B, Check Documentation" when synchronizing with BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.