Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
drivenbywhat
My Device: 8530
Accepted Solution

media options are not available

[ Edited ]

I upgraded to version 6 of the desktop software and now I can't view the pictures I have in my blackberry. When I click on pictures I get the following:

3273i6A005E18D991F2AF

I don't get the tabs that are supposed to show up saying "device pictures" or "computer pictures". I didn't have this problem with version 5 of the software. I do have "mass storage" turned on. The pictures are in internal memory not a media card. I've tried to access the pictures through "my computer" but the drive that shows up for the blackberry says "insert disk". I read a kb that described this symptom but it only applied if the device showed 0001 or 8001 in device manager. Mine shows 8004. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
csantoss
My Device: 9900 / PB 32 GB
My Carrier: CLARO DR

Re: media options are not available

try turning off mass storage...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drivenbywhat

Even though I knew your reply was off the mark I tried it anyway and no it didn't help to do the opposite of what it's asking me to check.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
funky_broom
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

I had a similar problem, it had to do with the USB port. What i did was the following.

Uninstalled BDM (again sorry i know its a pain)

reboot pc

Switch off Firewall

re-install BDM 6 

Make sure firewall is still switched off

take battery off Phone 

wait for approx 1 min

replace battery and let phone reboot itself

when phone has settled down connect USB cable to phone and into a DIFFERENT USB PORT on pc, it should then reload the drivers for the Blackberry.

Sometimes i had to do this 2 or 3 times as it would occasionally fail to load !!!! why i do not know.

eventually BDM will connect to phone and you should be able to now see your media, pics & music plus your synch options.

Once all this is done, whilst the phone is still connected to the BDM and pc switch your Firewall back on leave for about 15 - 20 mins then you can disconnect.

This is what i had to do, and occassionaly i still have to do it it whenever windows 7 does an automatic update ???? 

Good luck, but as i say its something to try and it works for me (sometimes)

Thomas

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drivenbywhat

[ Edited ]

Thanks for responding Thomas. Thankfully I managed to fix this issue last night. Prior to your post I had also tried uninstalling & reinstalling dm6 except for taking out the battery & turning off the firewall. That didn't work. I tried installing dm5 since that was working before and that didn't work either.  What did work was a hotfix by blackberry. Although it asks you to make sure your blackberry says 0001 or 8001 in windows "device manger" mine said 8004. I tried it anyways since I didn't have much to lose at this point and it worked.

I would like to upgrade to dm6 again but I don't want to risk it now that I have it working. Maybe in the future. The link at the bottom of my post contains the hotfix for this issue.As I said your blackberry doesn't necessarily have to say 0001 or 8001. Give it a try the next time you have this issue. Although it says you need version 4-5 of dm I'm guessing it will work with dm6.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19717

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mamajpink
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

The hotfix also resolved my issue after I received my warranty replacement!

Thanks for the good info! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
ronenfe
My Device: Not Specified

i can declare this fix doesn't work with bdm6.

Please use plain text.
kellerj23
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

In case anyone is curious, I just rant the hotfix with BDM6 and it fixed my issue.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ronenfe

well , i checked now again since then, and now it works, i don't know why.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
wonderfull

I still have the problem with the latest BDM 6.0.2..45 but the problem persists.

The BDM software suggests trying with a media card (I dont have one).

Girish

Please use plain text.