Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
anthar88
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange UK

new Curve 9320 not showing in Desktop Manager?

Hello All,

This is my first post here, I have rencently purchased a new Curve 9320 (to replaced my phone Torch 9800 till my contract renewal).

The Curve 9320 is not showing in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (using Windows 7) when connected it shows as "unknown device" I have run update from manager! Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Best.
Ant
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: new Curve 9320 not showing in Desktop Manager?

Hello,

Please check the installed programs you have in Windows. Is there a "Device Software" for your old BB? If so, remove that, reboot your PC, and then try again.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anthar88

Thanks I shall try this an get back to you.
Much appreciated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anthar88

I tired you suggestion, still no luck, googled away and looked for support of BlackBerry website but on some it doesn't even list my model! Its like the BlackBerry curve 9320 doesn't exist yet!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, I definitely don't see your model listed at the official download portal for your carrier (Orange UK). So, it begs the question...where did you buy it from? If you bought it from Orange UK, then they might just be late in posting things for it. If, on the other hand, you bought it elsewhere and are attempting to get it to run on Orange UK, then you may well have greater challenges ahead if Orange UK does not natively support it... 

Nevertheless, to attempt to remedy your originally reported issue, I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).

1) Remove BB device OS update package(s) from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM Desktop Software: 

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software: 

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install the Desktop Software to your PC -- do not let the software "run" just yet

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

• In your situation, you will need to, after this install completes, you need to delete VENDOR.XML from your computer. You must find at least one copy of this, normally deep in the Program Files area, typically in the Common Files subsection. You may also find one copy in the User Area hidden folders. Again, you must delete at least one VENDOR.XML (two, if there is a second)...otherwise, the remaining steps will be void.

7) Now launch the Desktop Software, connecting (via USB) your BB to your PC when prompted.

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anthar88

Thanks for your promt repley your help is very much appreciated, there doesn't appear to be much on this device yet specially support wise!

In regards to carrier support, Orange UK are selling the handset on contracts and pay as you go, I brought mine form Amazon.co.uk it seems me pre-ordering in excitement has left my stranded.

I shall try you suggestions thanks.
Please use plain text.