Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
donatam
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell Canada
Accepted Solution

new desktop manager sw and failed synchronization

i have just upgraded to the new desktop manager and synchronizations fails all the time. what is the problem and can someone help please? i tried with 2 different laptops and 2 different blackberry but the problem is the same. the new sw has been released only yesterday.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssb752
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: new desktop manager sw and failed synchronization

Yes me too.  Outlook 2010 sync perfectly before on two Windows 7 machines.  Verizon 9930.  Hey Blackberry, we want our sync back.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wilwoods
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I am havving the same issue.. sync fails and DTM version 7 hangs.. Is the solution un-install version 7 and try to find version 6..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssb752

The version dated 2-14-2012 of desktop manager is the culprit.  The previous version worked like a charm.  Where can I find it?  I have been looking but I don't know the date or exact model number.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lygama
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I couldnt even install it properly. It seemed to crash and now it won't load. I cannot even un-install it, as for some reason it won't un-install!! I am totally stuck.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wilwoods

When in doubt log on to FaceBook and "like" blackberry" and then write the support problem on the wall. I suspect they respond a lot faster to social media posts than here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssb752

I feel your pain.  The only choices I have are Windows Contacts, Calendar, etc.  I am deeply outraged by what BB has done to us.  This needs to be fixed. NOW.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hoyts_International
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I Found a solution

After the Uddate caused the final step to hang during the Organiser Sync "Preparing sync preview" , I Removed Desktop manager using add/remove programs & rebooted my PC

Then I downloaded the install file from Blackberry's web site, then I configured the sync to replace data on the handheld = "One Way to your device only"(outlook is my primary source for Contacts, Calendar, Tasks & memos & that data is complete)

1 way sync worked well.

Then I changed the data sync settings back to Two way between your device and your computer.

It has worked very well ever since

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssb752

Giving the uninstall/download/reinstall a try.  Out here in the sticks we barely have internet service so hopefully I will know by midnight! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wilwoods

Unfortunately that solution doesn't work either. I un-installed Version 7 etc. and rebooted. I tried to find Version 6 but all I could find was version 7 so  I reinstalled it.. I then put some test events on my BB calendar and attempted to sync it with Outlook. The events did not sync. DTM still hangs and so is my Berry...

Please use plain text.