If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

Hotred1
My Device: Not Specified

outlook 2003 sync problems

Whenever I try to sync my pearl with outlook 2003, the desktop manager does not show me outlook as something I can connect for a calender.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: outlook 2003 sync problems

Are you performing the following to synchronize your device with outlook?

Step #1

Connect you HH with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.

Step #2

Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twicego back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ritchl

I had the same issue, I did not have Outlook as an option (only ASCII and Yahoo). The following is what I did to have Outlook appear in the list as an option to sync to...

1. Right-Click on Command Prompt in Start Menu and choose Run as Administrator
2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector by typing: c:\> cd program files\research in motion\blackberry\is71 connectors\ms outlook connector

3. Then type in the command prompt, type: regsvr32 MsOutlookConnector.fil

4. If the registration is successful, the following message displays:
DllRegisterSErver in msoutlookconnector.fil succeeded.
5. Close and open Blackberry Desktop Manager to perform the synchronization process again and Outlook will be in the list...

If you receive the error message DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005 - you do not have admin rights. So, it's important that you run command prompt as admin.

Please use plain text.
johnsonphoto

I was having the exact same issue as you talked about, did what you said, had a successful install but still no Outlook available when I go to set up my device for synchronization. Would you have any other ideas? Thanks

Please use plain text.