If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
kylehshroy
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

"Unlock phone"

I have a client that just got a blackberry bold 9930 , Everything on the phone is working the problem we are having is that when it is connected to his computer that has the Blackberry sync software its telling him he needs to “Unlock his phone” he currently is not locked out of his phone seeing as he just got it exchanged at the Verizon store.

He has only used 1 password for everything linked to his phone and even reset his password on his Blackberry ID as well but it will not allow us to connect the phone to this software. I have uninstalled the software and removed all user settings as well as removed the phones from the programs memory ,l but it's still is asking for this password.

Any ideas on what password it’s looking for?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: "Unlock phone"

It's asking for the password he has to lock the handset itself. 

Note - some people forget to keep pressing the alt key when they setup a password on the BlackBerry. So if he had a password of 1234 he may only press the Alt key once so his password is actually 1ers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kylehshroy

Yes He is doing that. I even had him type the password on the computer just to be sure he isn't making mistakes. The thing is when I setup the 9930 he had to exchange due to other issues, I didn't need to unlock anything to sync it but with this I do.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Does he have a password setup on his phone that he needs to type in to use the phone? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kylehshroy

Yes and he can enter that and get into the phone fine this message that pops up only comes up when we connect it to his computer. its maddening!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

And if he enters the password does Desktop Manager work? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kylehshroy

[ Edited ]

When he enters the password it just claims its incorrect. to narrow it down we reset all of his passwords to 1 password he knows well just to be sure and its not accepting it,

the phone its self isn't locked either its only when we connect it to the computer.

EDIT: And thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

So just to clarify - when he wants to use his phone to make calls or reply to emails he does not enter a password

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kylehshroy

When he locks his phone he has to enter a password to unlock it yes. He can enter his password there and it will unlock the phone.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Then this is the password he needs to enter into Blackberry Desktop Manager - if he is certain he is entering the correct password (taking into account ensuring he presses the Alt key where necessary) then it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling BDM to see if this clears the issue, 

Please use plain text.