Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

naxios
My Device: Not Specified

roxio media manager not showing up

Hi,

Help!!

I downloaded Blackberry Desktop software v.4.5 with media manager, but when I open Desktop manager on my computer, there are only for icons(application loader, backup and restore, switch device wizard, and synchronize), but nowhere MEDIA MANAGER.

Where can I find media manager in this application, so I can transfer music to my blackberry?

Please use plain text.
NewBBUser22
My Device: Not Specified

Re: roxio media manager not showing up

I'm having the same problem too, I downloaded version 4.3 originally (with Media Manager) and it only shows 4 buttons, so I uninstall, and get version 4.5 with Media Manager yet only see 4 buttons still (the same ones as you see). I uninstalled and reinstalled both versions with Media manager several times and nothing.

In another forum post I found that I could just drag and drop wallpapers, music, and ringtones like it was a USB storage device or whatever, but I can't even find it on the "My Computer" window even though it says it's connected, is charging, and I can sync the time and date. 

Any help out there would be much appreciated

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

I don't like the Roxio Media Manager. I don't use it and I'm very happy.

Why do you need it exactly ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forum!

If you have a media card installed plug the BB into the USB cable attached to the PC. Look under Windows my computer

and the media card should show up as a removable drive (like a thumb drive). If successful make the following folders that correspond with the BB:

Blackberry

Music

Ringtones

videos

Pictures

voicenotes.

Then select your media from the PC and drag it to the correct folder. I agree with Xandrex, I find Roxio to be quite cumbersome.

Please let me know if this helps!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-15-2008 07:19 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.