Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
textie
My Device: choosing...
My Carrier: choosing...

transfer text message to computer - how

Is there an email address to contact Blackberry?? I composed an email but couldn't find any way of contacting staff so I am pasting it here on the forum in the hope someone can help:

Hi,

I find staff in phone shops have very little knowledge. I want to buy a phone. I will need to transfer text messages onto computer, search for relevant ones and then edit them on computer and save them in a manageable way. I basically write my thoughts in my phone in the draft messages section. Do you know of any phones that I will be able to use in this way? Please could you give me a step by step explanation of how to do this? Once the texts are transferred onto computer, will they appear as many different files or one text file or perhaps one spreadsheet type file? Can they be transformed or tansferred from one form to another? I would need to search for particular words or a particular date in order to locate the message I had in mind then cut and paste sections from the message into a document - probably a word document most of the time if it's for my novel, otherwise, useful info filed.

I would prefer a phone with a 0-9 keypad rather than a qwerty keypad. I would consider getting a touch screen but am happy with buttons.

I hope you can help.

Anne

...is Blackberry the best option?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: transfer text message to computer - how

Hey textie,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

You can back up SMS messages on your PC through BlackBerry Desktop Software.  However you will not be able to view or edit the messages.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
textie

Thanks. So they will not be readable on computer? They are only backed up in a way that can be transferred back to a BlackBerry phone and then read once they are on the phone?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
textie

What about other kinds of text files? Can they be transferred to computer? And could I easily transfer text messages into other text files on the phone?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Thanks for the reply textie,

The files are backed up in a way that can be transferred back to the BlackBerry and read on the BlackBerry.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.