Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

emmasi
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

transferring photos from bb9900

my phone screen is broken and before i send it back to get a replacement i need to transfer all my photos and vids to my pc. i have never done this before and always just lost all my pics. i have connected the phone and I was told i need to download a program to enable transfer. When i click on the BB desktop moanager for my pc it tells me it is not available inmy country (UK??!!) what am i doingwrong - i am desperate to back up my things on the pc and get a new phone sorted asapso any help would be gratefully received.

many thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: transferring photos from bb9900

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The simplest way is to, on a PC (the process is similar on a MAC, but step 1 won't apply).

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages (you may have none...so this is just to be double sure)

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Enable and use Mass Storage Mode so that your PC can treat your BB like an additional (or two, if you also have an SD card) USB drive on your PC.

• KB13564 How to enable or disable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.