Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for PC

New Contributor
thevalley
My Device: BOLD9900
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

update of device manager failed

hi,

i use a BOLD 9900. lately, BB DEVICE MGR failed to detect the phone "disconnected" so i installed an update reported by DEVICE MGR.  the update updated v7.1 bundle 2108 to v7.1 bundle 2807. during the sequence of steps shown on screen (BACK UP; INSTALL; REBOOT; RESTORE), the process has stalled at REBOOT , reporting CONNECTING TO DEVICE (this may take  a few minutes). the phone is off and nothing has happened in about 1 hour. what do i do?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thevalley

Re: update of device manager failed

today, the update software showed "failure to open conneciton to device. password may be required" (or equivalent). RETRY or CANCEL? i previously selected RETRY and the software returned to reboot phase. this morning (after leaving computer overnight), the same "password may be required" window was open and i selected CANCEL. 

I beleive the phone no longer has an operating system. pushing and holding the off/on button does not start the phone. what can i do? I assume that i need to re-install the operating system. any guidance? anyone?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thevalley

Re: update of device manager failed

i accepted the loss of data and agreed to re-install the operating system on phone. it turned out that the backup files created during the initial upgrade was successfully restored once i had an operating system on the phone again. both phone and Desktop software are same version (v7.1 bundle 2807).

Please use plain text.