Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

Contributor
heathiemj
My Device: Q10

Addresses repeat within a contact on Bold 9900

After syncing using 70.1 Bundle 2061 I find that some addresses have repeated themselves within a contact, ie under the UK postcode it will then repeat the whole address.  How do I stop this happening on my Bold 9900.  Have now corrected but with nearly 6,000 entries, time consuming & unnecessary.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ccoste
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Re: Addresses repeat within a contact on Bold 9900

Welcome to Blackberry V 7.0xxx  I have been having this issue for sometime now.  Few options to check:

go to contacts > BB options key>Options>Contact Display and actions>"Allow Duplicate Names"
Turn that off, although I found this didnt help for me. It may work for you.

Check within there Outlook contacts to make sure they dont have mutiply folders or contact lists.  If they do convert it into one Master Contact.

Work Around ( What im currently using)

I downloaded an App Called " Smart Contac Cleaner", seems to be working great for me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
heathiemj

Thank you but not the actual problem. After syncing I find some addresses repeat themselves within the address, ie 36 North St, London SW1X4AW 36 North St etc.  I too tried address cleanup after one disastrous sync when ALL the names duplicated, that too was not helpful as it failed to distinguish between Mr A Bloggs & Mrs A Bloggs & erased all e wives! If you have any suggestions re the address issue, which I believe is a RIM sync software problem, I would be grateful? About to gravitate to an iPhone as no sync then required!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ccoste
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Are you running the contact with outlook, if so do they show up incorrectly in there ? If they are fine in there. I forget which service books control the contacts but try searching which 1's do. In the advanced options service books. You can delete them and then un delete. This will force them to re download.
I have never ran into your issue so I don't have a quick fix dude sorry. Forgive my grammar too just typing and sending real fast.
If you do decide to go with a other phone, look at samsung. Blackberry and samsung are the two with all the security you probably want
Please use plain text.
Contributor
heathiemj

Thanks will look at service books. I correct the addresses & all is fine for a bit then I notice that some have duplicated . Yes running with Outlook. Not always the same ones, seems to be random. Thanks too for phone advice, will look at Samsung, iPhone appeals due to iPad, iTunes, etc.....was not aware of a security issue

Please use plain text.