Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Z30
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Bes 10 Cloud & Office 365

Hi guys,

were trying out this new BES 10 Cloud system and i got it pretty much all setup

balance is functional on my z30 however i'm having problems when i go to setup email it says the [server address] cannot be reached the settings may be incorrect or server temporaly offline. 

I went through and did the exchange active sync profile to match the settings lists\ed in the activation email i sent to myself but i still cant seem to make the work email login. 

anyone have much experience with this?

i'm running the latest software update that my carrier pushed at me 

Contributor

Re: Bes 10 Cloud & Office 365

I'm running a business BES data plan through my carrier. Not BIS. do I need to talk to them to do some configuration so it works with  Bes 10 cloud?

Also is the cloud connector necessary to finalize the connection? From reading the description it's just to.move contacts over or no? I'm setting it up through a Mac. But I can do it on a PC if that's necessary so I can load the cloud connector program

As I said before I can get the phone recognizing that this account is being run on BES 10 and sets up the balance. So there is a work side. But I can't get the email to be fully setup and receive the emails on the phone. Would this be a carrier setting or is there something I need to do on the office 365 side? 

Contributor

Ok so i talked  to bell and they ran me and got me to "register" my z30 in the"setting" then tap "About" then hit "Network" area
and then she double checked the BES setting and turned on the BES10 functionality so it looks like the Data Plan and network should be all good to go as far as thats concerned Yay! (Man there is lots of little things with this stuff.)

It still seems not fully working yet for some reason

If i use outlook.office365.com for the host name/ ip address it says login credentials have changed 

if i use bcp://CA.bbsecure.com:443/************ address for the host name/ ip address that was supplied in the email it says that that address and port cannot be reached. The setting might be incorrect or server is offline

tried deleting work space and restarting and reactivating the workspace still no dice

my Active Sync Profile settings in BES10 Cloud look like so (also what ever settings i implement on BES10 are automaticly added to the advanced account settings and are uneditable on the Z30. Except the password...

*Name: Email Address

Domain Name

left blank

*Email Address:

My Email

*Host Name or ip address:

bcp://CA.bbsecure.com:443/**********

*username:

My email address

Account Name:

My Name And Company Name

Do i need to do something so BES 10 cloud and office 365 connect together? 

Contributor

I'm really not getting this.

I can activate the account. and setup the work space on my z30. but i still cant get the emails to come to the phone.

excange is active sync so it should work right?

Did a pin test that worked...

I gotta say im not sure what i gotta do ive been reading through all the help stuff.

KB01269 

KB12283

and other similar articles

Is there any info anyone can pass on??

Contributor

It is an enterprise grade of office 365 too its not a small bussiness or home edition just incase anyone was wondering about that

Contributor

K guys i figured it out.

I got annouyed and decided to delete the account and disconnect from the BES 10 cloud and try again in the fall with BES12 or something. So i deleted all the profiles in the BES 10 Cloud Dashboard. and then when i phoned up the service desk to help with getting our email removed fom the server they hooked me up with someone to help get it going. and then it worked when we went through and reset everything back up again. 

So deleting the Exchange active Sync profiles in the BES 10 Dashboard and starting over from scratch seemed to do the trick. Now i'm getting emails on the Phone!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

You have to have create an "Email Profile" setup in the BlackBerry Device Service control panel. Type in the office 365 email server settings and save them to that profile. Then assign that profile to a BB10 user in the console.

The user should then sign in on their mobile device with the appropriate active sync email and password.