Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

New Contributor
highintensity
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Calendar sync over Office 365/Cloud administration service

That script would be a real lifesaver here. any chance you would share it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Schoki
My Device: Bold 9900

I had the same problem.

The reason was, that I saved my mailbox to an .pst file.

When you import the .pst file to your mailbox, there might be some information which refer to your old mailbox and this is why the don't get synced.

I got it working with http://www.migrationwiz.com

Or it should also work with the E-Mail Migration tool from Office 365.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TechRelate
My Device: Bold 9600

Chris & Jim,

We had a number of actions prepared to further this weekend:

1) script ready to edit mailbox calendar entries slightly
2) Prepared to use mfcmapi to check calendar items for missing GOID value
3) testing blackberry desktop sync and device re-set options

Whilst testing yesterday morning my client reported they had spoken to O2 their UK mobile network provider, ordered iPhone's to replace blackberry handsets and as a result renewed their contract, they were now saving hundreds of pounds a month on BES data costs - £28 per device to be exact.

Whilst i would have proceeded with all courses of action and more if necessary to get the clients blackberry handheld's synced and am now glad i can just bide time until the iPhones arrive.

As Microsoft managed the BES infrastructure for BPOS and it worked i stupidly didn’t opt to fully test the Blackberry Cloud Services integration with office 365 - to be honest we do not have a spare BES enabled handset - who does at £28 per month on top of any tariff costs.

So now my client is now saving money and i will be able to spend more time with my family this weekend.

Good luck to others encountering internal Development task number: 2407350 and good luck to others bridging from Microsoft to blackberry support. I have spoken to no end of different support individuals. all have been competent in their own right but the lack of cohesion between those conversations and the actual fact collection from RIM has been dis-jointed to say the least.

Perhaps the fact our imported PST's came from exchange 2003, BES 4.1 on premise affected the GOID entry in mailboxes? or perhaps not - but if the internal development team hide behind support front men how are they going to solve the problem?

-Julian - out
Please use plain text.
luckman212
My Device: Not Specified

Have you all had a look-see at RIM KB29575 ?

Has anyone found a VBscript or other automated or semi-automated method for resolving this "after the fact" ?  I am doing 2-3 Office365 migrations a week and this is an issue almost 100% of the time.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JamesWhite
My Device: Various

I had this issue, Calendar was just the wireless sync option on the BB.

Contact issue was they were not set as business cards so did not replicate correct.

Hope this helps someone!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
twj332
My Device: 8330

Hi - I am bit confused and been reading a lot here but not sure I fully under stand, so will explain what I doing and what I need. I am disabled person who has a ABI - I use my Blackberry Curve 8330 with an Exchange Server (paid service) to sync information between my desktop Outlook (contacts, tasks, notes, etc) to my Curve. Thus allowing me to have an external memory aid to function each day. My home computer runs MS Windows XP ver 2002 with service pack 3 and I have Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.5 on the desktop. I was consider to change to new Q10 but can not see any documentation on synchronization via exchange to MS outlook. I also see a many concerned questions about outlook sync. What options does BB10 offer for syncing desktop Outlook (POP3 email accounts, using MS Exchange) for Tasks, Calendar, Contacts and Notes? Do categories get synced? Are there date range limitations on Calendar items or Tasks, etc. (Important to me as I use this information as my external memory due to my injury) Your feedback would be appreciated. I also apologize if I have posted my question concern in wrong place. I was reading this forum to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/bd-p/General_Functions Terry
Platform: 3.4.0.30 App Version 4.5.0.138
Please use plain text.