Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Cloud solution

My office is currently looking for an email cloud solution. Just sync emails, calendar and contacts. Have variety of bbm's from bold 9900 to new. Will 365 work? Was told old bbm's no longer syncing, is this true?
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Cloud solution

BBM doesn't "sync" with anything. BBM is tied to your BBID so your contacts and groups will be transferred from device to device using BBID. Conversations are lost, though.

As for email, calendar and contacts Outlook.com is also a good option.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Should clarify, I meant need emails, contacts, and calendar to sync on devices. Does 365 work with older devices?
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I believe 365 works but I don't think it syncs contacts and calendar to older devices.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB31310
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

So, just syncs all on new blackberry's but not older ones?
Guru I

I believe that is the case. However, I've never used 365 so I'm not 100% sure. Just from what I've read that seems to be the case, though.
My Device: Z10

Just bought new Z10 to replace Bold.  365 is now working well once you activate the Blackberry 365 Portal.  The setup is included in the "E" versions of 365 only.  Synchronization is smooth and complete...very happy.  However, some users here are running two, sometimes three, separate 365 exchange accounts.  Finding the BB10 Z10 not handling the contact additions correctly...duplicating a new contact within all 365 accounts simultaneously. 

My confidence level at this early stage is to suggest a single 365 "E" level or higher account will work will with Z or Q10 devices.

cheers.