Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

New Contributor
chadt5382
My Device: Q10

How to set up for exchange.

We have a small office 3pc's, 2 laptops, 2 q10's for travel. I am trying to determine the best option for using exchange email to sync not only emails and calenders- but contacts as well. We share a Business Contact Manager database in the office that is stored on one of the networked pc's. Our goal is to be able to change contact details from any device and it sync back across all devices.

We have 7K plus contacts and I dont want to load them all into individual user accounts as different users need to see changes made by everyone. Is Office 365 the best option and what else do I need?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PGifford
My Device: BB Z10

Re: How to set up for exchange.

This is very similar to an issue my Office 365, Blackberry Business Cloud Services customer would like to have solved without the admin and copying of their contact list of over 4,000 external contacts.  We could load these into their Exchange 2013 Global Address List, but not sure how to get them back to their BB's.  It looks like the Lookup function could be used, but the individuals would just like to be able to enter the name in the To: line of their email and have it populate ...

They would be happy with just a central point for new updates, but having it replicate real-time to the BB users would be better than copying the master list of contacts to their personal Outlook contacts once a week.

Ideas?

Please use plain text.