Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

New Contributor
jostafew
My Carrier: Rogers

Incoming mail being delivered in large chunks, once or twice a day.

Hello everyone, recently 3 of my users began complaining that mail was not being delivered to their handsets. Upon investigation I found that mail was being delivered, but it would all come in one large group once or twice a day. Outgoing messages were sent and delivered instantly, but incoming messages were considerably delayed. When they were delivered they would all have the same received time (on the handset), despite when Exchange Online and Outlook actually received them.

Interestingly, the BBCS admin console does not show any Pending Data Packets for those users, so according to the console everything is being delivered as it should.

Two of the users are local and I've had a chance to look at their handsets. Restarting the device does not seem to cure the problem, in one case it simply triggered a pile of new messages to be retrieved at once after which the problem persisted, and in the other it did nothing.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? I'd try to contact BlackBerry support but I have yet to find a way to do so.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jfraslin
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Incoming mail being delivered in large chunks, once or twice a day.

We have the same issue, I opened some case last week but nobody from Blackberry help me for the moment.

But they close my case :smileyhappy:

Do you have son sync issue, I mean if you delete an email on your Outlook client email is delete on your Blackberry too?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jostafew

To be honest, I'm not sure if there are organizer sync problems as well. I am heading to a site this morning with an affected user so I will make some tests there and report back.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jostafew

Confirmed, similar behaviour when synchronizing organizer data. Changes made on the device are pushed up to O365 quickly, changes made in Outlook do not make it back to the phone (or will take a very long time).
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jostafew

One of my users needed to get things going before a trip so we made a shot in the dark by nuking the phone and starting over. We removed the device from the BBCS user configuration (but did not delete the account there), did a factory reset of the handset through the Desktop Manager, loaded any available software updates for the handset, then re-joined the phone to the user's BBCS account. Things are working as they should for the moment, we will see if that lasts.
Please use plain text.