Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

Simonperchard
My Device: Bold 9790 148

New Blackberry Bold 9790 will not synchronize with work MS exchange server

Hello

Having had an old Blackberry fail on me this week I bought a bold 9790 148 model.

I have my own Blackberry accounts set up with Jersey Telecom (UK) and have three personal email accounts and a work account email push. The work email is via microsoft exchange server.

The new phone set up at the shop activitated all four email acounts and they appeared on the handset (this was on Wednesday this week).

But from then its been a frustrating situation.

Emails/contacts/calendar for work are not coming through. I was told to expect to have to key in an activitaion code "qwerty" within 48 hours of activitaion but there seems no place on the handset to do so.

There has been some chatter within the office that "newer' blackberry handsets will not synchronise to the our work exchange server. But no-one knows where a list may be as to what will/will not work.

I am presuming that to try to resolve this I need to post details about the exchange server software being used at work.

But in the meantime if there is a simple solution to my problem I would be most grateful to receive.

Thank you

Simon