Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

Contributor
coolhand297
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Problem with office 365 and BB Cloud Service

I have followed all the steps, when I get to the part were I am suposed to connect my phone the website can not locate my device. It says no device attached. I can see my device on my desktop software. Please help I need to get my corporate email on my phone. I am a small business and I depend on this for work. Up till now I was just using my email regulaly through the phone but that went done today and now I cant revalidate my email. So I decided to give this 365 BB cloud a shot and I hit another brick wall.

Please help.

Gus

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Problem with office 365 and BB Cloud Service

Which browser are you using whenyou try and activate your phone? This will only work with Internet explorer due to the activex controls needed. 

You can also do an over the air activation if you generate an activation password from the cloud control panel. If you've a BIS plan you need to install the Enterprise Activation app from app world to use this. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
coolhand297

I beleave I only have a BIS plan from AT&T, I know I don't have a BES. And I was using Mozila I will try IE now. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

If you install the Enterprise Activation app from App World it will allow you to do an OTA activation even if you are just on a BIS plan. You will need to generate the activation password from the control panel. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
coolhand297

I tried IE and it still can not locate my device.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

For ease try the Enterprise Activation App - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/33609/?lang=en

Please use plain text.
Contributor
coolhand297

ok that seems to have worked, my device is in the process of syc OTA right now. My one concern now is that it says I can no longer use my AT&T address book, This is going to be a problem as that is my current contacts list. Is there anyway for me to sync the AT7T address book with the outlook one?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
coolhand297

Never mind my at&t adress book is still there. I wonder if it is possible to sync it with my outlook contacts OTA or if I have to connect the phone to my PC?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
coolhand297

Also is it possible to sync this with my Playbook? Is there a native app for the playbook or do I need to use BB Bridge?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Ref the playbook, just enter your email address and password (not the enterprise activation password, the normal password for your office365 oaccount) into the Playbook and it will set the exchange account up. 

As for the AT&T address book, you will need to plug your phone in to your cable and do a sync via the desktop manager with outlook. 

Please use plain text.