Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

New Contributor
tpg2012
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Sent Items Appearing on Blackberry as email to Myself

I recently migrated a user from on premise BES to office 365 and the BB cloud service. Everything appears to be working just fine except sent email appear to himself. Here is the scenario of what happens:

If the user sends an email from his Blackberry torch 9800: the sent email appears correctly in the messages folder with the name of the recipient and a check mark next to it (Everything is correct).

If the user sends an email from Outlook or OWA: the email appears in the messages folder as am email sent to himself.

Here is what i have checked:

• Outlook and OWA to see if the folder was set to filter on FROM instead of TO
    • Folder Redirection on BB
    • Reset the Blackberry Device via battery pull
    • Outlook Sync in Desktop Manager

Everything seems to be correct? This is the only user (to my knowledge that this is happening to?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
FNIB
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Sent Items Appearing on Blackberry as email to Myself

We are having the same issue with multiple users and the same Office 365 + BES setup.  Haven't been able to find a solution yet...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinjo
My Device: Not Specified

Same here, though ours only appears when an O365 is activated on the Cloud BES and also has a second ActiveSync device associated with it, such as an iPad, Android 2.3/3.0/4.0 device, or Touchdown. We only see the duplicate message when the message is composed and sent from the ActiveSync device, whether to a O365, Exchange, or outside email address. It does not matter if the account is in the Address Book of the BlackBerry or the sending device or not. We do not have the same situation when replying to messages or forwarding messages. I have testing in OWA and Outlook 2007 and 2010 to see if I could reproduce TPG2012's issue as well, but I could not. The two BlackBerry devices tested with were running device software 4.5 and 7.

Please use plain text.
majadarowska
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, did you find a solution?

I have the same problem, but additionally i have noticed that if i send the emails from a PC outlook everything is fine, the email appears as sent on the bb with a check, instead if I send the email from a mac outlook which we work on, the email appears as inbox(from myself) on my bb?

before with BES and Exchange Online instead of 365 office i didnt have this problem.

how you know the answer by now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinjo

No response yet, but after reading your post, I also tested with Mac clients as well. I experienced this issue on Entourage 2008 with EWS, Mac Mail 106/10.7 and Outlook 2011. Awesome :smileysad: One of the accounts I tested with had an iPad also connected to it, so there was no difference with or without the ActiveSync device. I'm just wondering of the issue is whether the issue is BES related or O365 related in how messages are handled.

Thanks for bringing up another issue I have to let my management know about!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tpg2012

No response yet. The user with the problem only have the BB and a laptop with outlook 2010. I have been messing every way possible with the device and account. Nothing yet... BB really needs to get ontop of this... its happening to more users now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinjo

tpg2012, I cannot reproduce your issue with Outlook 2010 and OWA at all.  I'm going to try and setup a fresh user on 365/BBCS and test in OWA before setting up a client, but most of the accounts I've been testing with are fairly fresh to begin with. Are there any delegates setup on the accounts? Maybe there is an issue there?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tpg2012

No there are no delagates setup on the accounts. Each users is a stand alone user with an exchange mailbox in o365. I am not able to reproduce the issue other than the users who are having the problems.

I have delete the user and all blackberry information from the blackberry account and then recreated everything from scratch and it happens again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinjo

If only deleting and recreating the user in O365 was a simple process. I wonder if the BlackBerry infomration linked to the mailbox actually corrupts it. Too bad you don't have a generic account that this happens with to test user recreation with.

How are you importing the users into O365? Assuming you are importing the user(s) from AD, is there an attribute difference in those with and without issues? Are those who have the issue and those who do not created differently, as in those with issues had mailboxes moved into O365 and those who do not are fresh mailboxes (or vice versa)? Maybe there was an issue with migrated mailboxes from your prior mail platform? 

That is another test for me. A fresh O365 account that was not  migrated from our Exchange environment.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tpg2012

No all users we created the same (i.e. blackberry users with the same phone and no problems).

I went through this process not as a mailbox migration but instead a user migration only. All users were created new in O365 then created a .pst of the users mailbox on our old servers and opened the pst in outlook and all new emails were recieved in the new O365 account.

Please use plain text.