Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

edey
My Device: torch 9810

Sync with NHS mail, calender, contacts etc

i'm looking to purchase my first BB device  and work in the NHS. I heard that previously additional software needed to be purchased to sync my email etc through activesync, but that some new BB devices had been upgraded with this now included. Can anyone confirm whether this is the case with the Torch 9810? as I don't want to make a phone purchase and later learn I have to shell out for an extra bit of sofware just to do my work.

My I.T dept don't support mobile devices so I have to sort this out myself and dont want to make an expensive mistake.

I'm currently using Nokia E72 very successfully with Mail for Exchange but fancied trying out BB as I mostly use my phone for email and heard that BB excel in this area.

thanks for any advice

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Sync with NHS mail, calender, contacts etc

Activesync is not supported on any BlackBerry apart from the playbook. You would need a BES server in order to be able to sync your calendar and contacts over the air, and receive your email. By the sounds of it the NHS does not support this. 

With a basic consumer BlackBerry data plan you may be able to receive your email only, you won't have access to subfolders of your mailbox and email will not be pushed instantly via this setup. You would be able to sync your calendar and contacts via a usb cable with BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed on your computer. 

Please use plain text.