Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Device Synchronization

New Contributor
tombollens
My Device: 9780

Synchronization between BlackBerry & Outlook doesn't work.

Dear friends,

Currently we have about 100 blackberries in our company but since a few weeks, several blackberry users have issues with the calendar synchronization between outlook and their blackberry. When they enter an appointment in their blackberry, it doesn't appear in their outlook, and when they enter an appointment in their outlook, it doesn't appear in their blackberry.

It only happens with a few people. We tried to renew their outlook profile but that didn't work. We tried to give them another blackberry device (brand new) and re-activated their account but also that didn't work. When they receive a new blackberry device, on activation the calendars are synced between outlook and their blackberry but any new appointment isn't...

Deleting and undeleting the servicebooks doesn't do the trick neither. Also when they enter a new appointment on their OWA webmail, it also isn't synchronized with their blackberry.

Does anyone has any idea what could be wrong or what I could try to resolve this issue?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mobbman
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Synchronization between BlackBerry & Outlook doesn't work.

Due to the number of users you mentioned I'm assuming these users are on a BES. For some of these users you may have to verify what is the Default Services they have selected for the Calendar CICAL; the location may vary depending on device OS. If BES, the Calendar CICAL should be set to Desktop.

Try with one user and see if works

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tombollens

Hi,

Yes we are using a BES. On the devices is the Calendar CICAL set to Desktop so I can't change it.

Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mobbman

You can try verify that wireless sync is on in Calendar options. Calendar -> Menu Button -> Options -> Desktop (be sure that wireless sync is selected)

If that fails try reactivating Wireless Sync.
1.From your Blackberry, go to Options>Advanced Options>Enterprise Activation.

2. In the email field, press and hold the ALT key and type CNFG. Once you enter this a hidden menu should appear.

3. Change the "Wireless Sync" option to No and exit the menu.

4. Wait 30 seconds and repeat step 2.

5. Change the "Wireless Sync" option to Yes and exit the menu.

If the activation doesn't start, try a power cycle

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tombollens

:No:

I tried the steps you mentioned but still the same issue, even after a power cycle. When I sent them a invitation and they accept in outlook, it isn't showed in the bb calendar. And if they enter a appointment in their bb calendar, it doesn't show up in their outlook calendar.

*frustrating*

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mobbman

[ Edited ]

Are you running BES 5.0 Tom?

For BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 5.0

1. Log in to the BlackBerry Administration Service.
  2. Search for the BlackBerry smartphone user.
  3. Under Messaging Configuration click Default Configuration.
  4. Click Edit User.
  5. Set the Redirect to BlackBerry option to True.
  6. Click Save All.

Let's hope this one works

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tombollens

Yes, currently we are running Version: 5.0.2.28.

The Redirect to Blackberry was enabled (set to Yes) but I've changed it once to No and re-adjusted to Yes. But currently I can't ask a user because the're all out of office. I will check with them on monday.

I hope it works  :Clover: 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GiuseppeBBM

I have also been having this problem, I tried so many things but have still not managed to sync.

If I make changes to my outlook calendar, those changes will sync to my blackberry calendar.

ALTHOUGH IF I make changes to my blackberry calendar those changes will not sync to outlook calendar.

Strange enough any changes made to my notes work perfect both ways.

It used to work fine, but not anymore, I have been strugling at least 4 months with this problem.

I feel it is a Blackberry problem and not an operator problem! Proove me wrong blackberry and I will apologise.

Thank you for this thread tombollens, and hopefully we get this problem esolved asap.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GiuseppeBBM

Blackberry update has finally sorted the problem out.

on the 28 February 2013I was able to update the software on my phone and the first thing I did was to see if my phone calender updates would sync with my outlook, and they did.

Blackberry you are a rubish phone to have. You have ignored all my support messages and you let me struggle for so long and finally I find out that it was your software that was faulty.

I am glad to finally be able to use my phone as it was intended with the sync option.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
parallaxe
My Device: Q5

I am having this same problem for a month or so. I have updated the softwares, but it doesn't help.

This makes my life miserable, all calender entries that I make in my BB don't sync with Outlook.

Any clues, someone?

Please use plain text.