07-17-2012 09:41 AM
i have a blackberry curve and one day my bbm and app world dissapeared so i re downloaded both and it has wiped my bbm clear of all contacts and it wont recieve contact invites, i dont know if this makes a difference im in ireland at the minute and not in the uk and i am on wi fi would this affect my bbm? what can i do to get it working
07-17-2012 09:58 AM
1. Did you swap SIM cards in Ireland for a local prepaid SIM or anything?
2. Yes it can affect it... even if you didn't swap SIMs for a local SIM, if you are disconnected from your Tmobile service plan. Is this Tmobile US or UK?
07-17-2012 10:18 AM
no i havnt swapped anything over my bbm worked last time over here im just using the wi-fi in the house and have turned my mobile network of on the bb because bbm only needs the internet not signal, what else could be up with it
07-17-2012 10:32 AM
But I think you might have also turned off "Data Services".
Please check your Mobile Network screen > Data Services must be ON.
You can leave the mobile network connection off.
Again, Tmobile US or UK... I am trying to help, all info helps.
07-17-2012 11:23 AM
1) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.
2) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
3) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.