02-14-2012 09:05 AM
im trying to set up my personel email address on my blackberry bold 9700 and it only comes up with work email with blackberry enterprise server how do i change this to my personel email
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-14-2012 09:08 AM
Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider? You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as additional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.
So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account. There are thousands of posts here in the forum explaining this.
02-14-2012 09:27 AM
In that case you should have the personal email setup icon.
if not... Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.
If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.
If not, follow these additional instrucitons:
2) Register HRT: (OS5) Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scoll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.
3) Resend Service Books: KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.
5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.
Hopefully that will get things going again for you!