02-04-2009 10:48 PM - edited 02-04-2009 11:21 PM
4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu
5. Click setup and change the port to com4
Com4 didn't work for me for some reason, When i checked my device manager it looks like COM4 is RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (COM4)... imgoing to try this on my vista... is there anywebsite someone can point me to for UniCDMA 2.1?
03-29-2009 08:35 PM
04-01-2009 02:56 PM
I am looking into purchasing a blackberry storm through verizon. before i do i want to get some answers to some questions. Maybe im in a unique situation but need some help. i will use the blackberry for 7 months while in the USA. january of 2010 i will move to Turkey. the phones i am looking at are all quad band gsm and CDMA since CDMA is not used in Turkey.
1) I want swichout sim cards and use a turkcell sim card and their service there. WIll i need to unlock the phone to do this? is this easy to do? does it cost? our will verizon do it for free?
2) I want to use the GPS function in Turkey but have been told the GPS only works with a verizon navigator. is this true?
3) can the GPS fuction even if i never use wireless provider in Turkey?
4) What about GPS maps for turkey? where do i get them? download them? buy them?
5) Can garmin maps like Navcity work somehow on the blackberry gps system?
6) does the GPS function work like a typical GPS handheld or is it suing cell tower triangualtion?
thanks for any help you can provide.
04-08-2009 03:09 PM
04-17-2009 12:57 PM
I have just got the new 8900 here in the UK on Orange and my maps function CONSTANTLY searches for a satelite! My friend has the same phone and doesn't have a problem.
Whats going on!!!?
06-07-2009 07:46 AM
06-07-2009 09:01 AM
11-24-2009 12:43 PM
So here we are at Nov 2009, I got switched to a Telus 8330 Curve from an 8830 Worldphone this summer. The 8830's GPS was working fine, but the 8330's has not worked yet. I'm running OS 126.96.36.199. Other than the reprogramming hack mentioned previously, do we have a proper fix for the issue, or credible ETA for one?