05-16-2011 03:59 AM
11-11-2011 10:24 PM
sorry but i would like to say i tried the desktop manager and its n't detecting any new software i have bb curve 8520 with ver:18.104.22.1684 and i followed anothr instructions to go to my carrier site get the latest software and install it after that the loader was unable to read the version and will in light grey colour
what to do
3 weeks ago
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!