Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

bleuketchup
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Afraid to buy in BlackBerry World

I just purchased PicShop - Photo Editor. I restored my phone using Blackberry Link to "hopefully" restore my passwords in my password keeper. When restoration was done. I lost my PicShop app and my passwords where not moved to my z10. I then now tried redownloading PicShop in BW and it's telling me I've purchased it but yet would not download. I am so frustrated because this is the second time this has happened. First time is Photo Studio app. THESE ARE NOT CHEAP APPS. I am so frustrated and getting really impatient because the Link is **bleep**.

I don't even know now if i'll be safe purchasing movies or music if I'll just end up losing them. **bleep** this **bleep**. I am so patient but this inconvenience is killing me. My loyalty and pride for BlackBerry is wearing off. 

Contributor
WilliamCampbel1
My Device: z10

Re: Afraid to buy in BlackBerry World

There also needs to be a 12 or 24 hour trial period and return option for apps. I got an expensive app that I'm VERY disappointed with. Hope to see that it get word on that soon.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

For my 9900 I downloaded a night photography app. It turned out to be a total waste of time and of money. I tried a number of times to contact the author with the email address supplied. I never received any answer. This was very disappointing. Another friend of mine tried it and told me it also did not work well on his Blackberry.

I found the night mode that is in the camera produced much better results than the application that I downloaded. All the application did was make the image more green and monochromatic in its way of look. It is like it was making a very poor simulation of night vision pictures.

I later bought a very good looking scientific calculator app. I found out as I was using it, after finding the Tan, or Sin, or Cos of an angle there was no reverse of these. This was bad because I had no way with this calculator to complete the calculation back to get the result of the angular calculation!  I contacted the author. His answer was simple... He told me he did not include the capability to do the reverse calculation, and he had no plans to do so. I told him his calculator will be useless for many types of calculation. He didn't care...

From what I read about many of these apps is they are written by independent authors who are turning out apps just to publish something, and earn a bit of extra money. I realize there are some serious ones, but at this point I have no idea about how to trust which are good and not.

Another instance I had some time ago, I put in a chess game from App World Games. After I installed it, the Bridge mode on the tablet did not work.  I contacted Blackberry support. After their tech diagnosed the phone's logs he told me the program I installed made a conflict with the Bridge software. The only fix was to reinstall the operating system.

I also had similar instances with my Playbook. I have friends with other manufacture phone models. They had the same issues with added software installations for their phones.  This problem is not just with Blackberry type software written by indendent authors. It's all over!

At this point, I would never put in any added programs unless I know the reputation of the author, and I know there will not be any conflict or problems with the phone. I don't look forward to re-installing operating systems, or paying for programs that don't work as advertised. It is very important to read the reviews, and to see if the author can be contacted. If there are no reviews I would not install the software.

Jerry G.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

bleuketchup wrote:

I restored my phone using Blackberry Link to "hopefully" restore my passwords in my password keeper. 

to restore your password keeper entries, please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB33623 Password Keeper data is not restored when using BlackBerry Link

bleuketchup wrote:

I just purchased PicShop - Photo Editor. I restored my phone using Blackberry Link to "hopefully" restore my passwords in my password keeper. When restoration was done. I lost my PicShop app and my passwords where not moved to my z10. I then now tried redownloading PicShop in BW and it's telling me I've purchased it but yet would not download.

are you talking of this app?

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/87956/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: