Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

RRE
New Contributor
RRE
My Device: Q10

App availibility

I am disappointed that several key applications (for me, anyway) are not available on my test device(Q-10). I am testing for verizon Wireless, and tried to search and download the following apps: LYNC Chat & Bank of America. I would think that these are fundamental applications, especially LYNC, as it is our corporate instant messaging platform. Are there any plans on Blackberrys part to support these apps in the near future?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: App availibility

It's up to Bank Of America and Microsoft to port them to BB10.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
RRE
New Contributor
RRE
My Device: Q10

Really? That is the strength of your response? Big news guys.  These are not "We'll get to it later" apps. These are drivers in the mobile app space. I test for a major carrier, and I just swapped my SIM to a Samsung Galaxy 4 out of frustration from your response. If your marketing strategy is going to take the wait and see approach to getting these apps on your servers, start filing. If I were you, and I am not, I would be out there aggressively knocking on doors for every app I could get my hands on. I am very disturbed by your curt attitude. Very disappointing.....

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Hello RRE,

I can feel your frustration. And I can perfectly understand for MS Lync.

you are the BOA client, tell them what you think !
or do you expect BlackBerry to pay BOA developers to code the app,granting BlackBerry an access to the BOA clients database? :smileyhappy:

and regarding Microsoft Lync, I am pretty confident that it will be available. Remember the Z10 is just 4 months old, and the Q10 is not even available in all countries yet...

but Microsoft is taking their sweet times. Are you aware of those two facts?
- Microsoft Lync 2010 for WindowsPhone was released in December 2011 (several years after the client for BlackBerry7...)
- Microsoft Lync 2013 for WindowsPhone has been released officialy on March 11th, 2013

so, what would you do if you were at Microsoft? Focus all your efforts on WindowsPhone, or split your efforts on both your own mobile platform and your biggest competitor's platform?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.