Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

TheresaB33
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Apps that aren't available

Hi! So I decided to upgrade to the Blackberry Z10 under the assumption that WhatsApp and Skype would be available as they were mentioned in the Toronto launch. It's been a few weeks and they still are not available. When are they going to be active? I am regretting getting the blackberry instead of an iphone at this point. Very frustrated and feel doped into getting it.

ajprout

Re: Apps that aren't available

Not to mention Blackbery Travel, banking apps for Canadian banks, and more. Similar sentiments! although it does seem likely they are coming. But no one seems to have a timeline.

TheresaB33

Yeah it's super annoying, I love Blackberry and wanted to stick with it but at this point if they aren't going to deliver I'd like a refund. It's false advertising, they shouldn't have launched it if it wasn't ready to deliver. Not to mention trying to find a contact email or phone number to talk to someone live is impossible. For a company that needs to keep its customers you would think they would have a strong customer service strategy.

New Contributor
garmansin
My Device: Blackberry z10

I am wondering why whatsapp is not available on BB10. But it did on previous model. It should be fixed before lauched out. I am very disappointed with that. Hope Blackberry can be able to fix it as soon as possible coz it's so inconvience for me.   

Visitor
chetbrothers
My Device: Z10

the 2 things i really liked on my Bold were BBM Music and Travel.

Neither are available on Z10. - rip off. Not only that I am stll being charged monthly for Music and I have been trying unsuccessfully to cancel - the website does not work.

Maybe a call to Consumer Affairs is in order.

Trusted Contributor
DarylS
My Device: 9650

For years I have used an app called Tether to connect to the internet from my BB.  I would love to buy a new Z10 but can't find an app that works with it.  One developer told me they are waiting to see how many are sold before they invest in an app for OS 10.  My problem is that I need a new phone.  This one is close to being shot but I need to be able to Tether without paying the crazy rates carriers charge.  The app takes care of that but it appears that the apps are Java based and OS 10 does not support Java.  I don't have a problem with that but I need my internet access.  I have been a loyal BB user for years going back to the original Pearl but may now have to get an iPhone or Droid product because the most important app that I need is not being developed for OS 10 BB.

Trusted Contributor
radsystems
My Device: BlackBerry

DarylS, the Z10 includes Internet tethering capability, you don't need a separate app for it. Take a look at How To on BlackBerry: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mes1343575314313.jsp

Trusted Contributor
DarylS
My Device: 9650

@radsystems: Thank you for your reply.  I am well aware of the Z10's capability to be tethered.  As I said in my previous post, (to which you replied) the whole point is that the method you suggest requires me to pay the carrier for the privilege of tethering, additional money over and above the huge sum that I now pay monthly anyway.  Use of the app negates the need to pay for tethering plan to the carrier.  Why does it seem that those who do not need to depend on tethering with a carrier in USA don't get it?

New Contributor
johnkillian
My Device: Z10

Hi everybody.Any idea when song pop free will be available on Z10
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

johnkillian wrote:
Hi everybody.Any idea when song pop free will be available on Z10

hello johnkillian,

I suggest you contact the developer directly

http://freshplanet.com/contact

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: