Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
hisham2k
My Device: z10

Re: BBM between z10 devices not working...?

ardysoejanto wrote:

Hi ViciousFerret

I'm facing quite similar problem, everythings works fine with Wi-Fi, plus the blackberry logo appears alongside the signal bar which from I read through help page that means the internet service, blackberry messenger service, email etc are working, but without Wi-Fi it just disconected right away, no blackberry logo alongside the signal bar, althought the signal shows 3g with full bar, i can't seem to access internet nor bbm.

I try contacting my provider they said I already got the right package for full internet service and bbm. All they can suggest is to go to the "Host Routing Table". From what I read, BB Z10 doesn't need any registration and bbm will just works with internet service not BIS anymore right?

The other thing is when I switch the sim back to my previous blackberry bold 9700, it notified right away through mail that the handheld has been registered with the wireless network and the internet + bbm works right away.

Is there something wrong with my Z10 settings?

Thankyou.

You need to cancel your BIS service.  The fact that the 9700 works with the same sim card means that your BB/BIS plan is still working.  Once you cancel it, you should find that BBM works... Could take up to a day...

Contributor
hisham2k

Blackberry Internet Service
Contributor
hisham2k

Check your APN settings or try a battery pull... if it is not fixed, check with your carrier.

Contributor
kzikry1234
My Device: Z10-stl100-1

we can cancel BIS with the provider & still everything is going to work (how)

Contributor
tosynero
My Device: torch 9850

You should take your bb to your mobile carrier service centre to activate black berry internet service.
Contributor
kzikry1234

how to go host rounting table

Contributor
kzikry1234

I want to ask if anyone cancel BIS & work fo a package of internet only (like i phone ) ,is  bbm working 

New Contributor
Red77
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

My Z10 can't get email or BBM messages unless I turn off my wifi as directed by Rogers tech support. I am really not happy since I could have wifi on with my Torch 9810 and not have any issues. One of their tech support people even told me that only Z10 Blackberrys could communicate with each other. lol. I have called them 5 times in the last 5 days and the only thing they do is make me remove the battery, they send a reset signal and then I have to have the wifi off. I want to be able to receive messages while the wifi is on.

Oh, and I might add that my friend has the same phone only he is with Bell and does not have my problem with his Z10 and we live in the same house and use the same wireless router connection. I am pulling my hair out with Rogers service.

New Contributor
drshantanu
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

same problem here. i am using idea.

any solution?

New Contributor
drshantanu
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

and my blackberry service has been deactivated