Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Terraloth
My Device: Z10 white
Accepted Solution

BBM on z10 not working

Hi...

Past few days I have gone into bbm and found that I have lost all my contacts and even on the top of the bbm screen, my name /status has gone and in the home screen, wasn't there a BlackBerry icon next to the reception and wifi status?
New Contributor
Terraloth
My Device: Z10 white

Re: BBM on z10 not working

Also when I click on my blank icon to change my empty status, everything on that page is blank including my pin.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You should reboot your BB...perhaps even the hard batt-pull (with power ON) method.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
joeparanoid
My Device: Z10

Guys i got a problem with my new BBM10...when i click on the BBM icon...it doesn't open,,,y?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

joeparanoid wrote:

Guys i got a problem with my new BBM10...when i click on the BBM icon...it doesn't open,,,y?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

And...did you try the remedies already posted in this thread? If not, then please do so...

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
joeparanoid
My Device: Z10

Thanks guys for the tips. I have re-boot n now it's working fine. :smileyhappy:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent...you are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
hillarion120182
My Device: 9870 Z10

hi sorry to tag in, i have headache about bbm... my old 9780 is on OS6, , i cant transfer my contact bbm to new Z10..

i did try to update to BBM7 on my 9780, but never work... so i revert it back to os6 again.

is there any way i can transfer all my BBM contact from 9780 os 6 to Z10 without have to upgrade to bbm7, coz it never work...

please help me (i did try back  up the contact to sd card still not work) blackberry link also not working... please help please its being 48 hours and nothing is work

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

after installing BBM6, log in BBID.
then go in BBM6.

What you need to do is make your BBID store all your BBM6 contacts.

so when you set your BBID in your BBM on your Z10, it will restore the BBM6 contacts.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: