Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
JJESSON
My Device: Blackberry Playbbok, Z10

Blackberry 10 BB Bridge

Is the BB!0 software compatible with BB Bridge? When I get my Z10 will it still work with my Playbook?

Thanks

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Blackberry 10 BB Bridge

Hey JJWSSON,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

The BlackBerry Bridge application can be downloaded from BlackBerry World for the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, here is a link:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19435/

Let us know if you have any other questions.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
JJESSON
My Device: Blackberry Playbbok, Z10

Thanks Hatchback

I was just browsing in Blackberry World and looking at an app I had for my Bold 9900 (Pocket 12C SE Financial Calculator for BlackBerry 9850 9860). It doesn't look like it is available for the BB10 at this time. Is there anyway of filltering the store so that only BB10 apps are shown?

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hey,

You can filter your search when viewing BlackBerry World online, at the top of the screen select 'Change' next to 'Displaying Info for'.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/product/1/?countrycode=CA

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

[ Edited ]

JJESSON wrote:

Is the BB!0 software compatible with BB Bridge? When I get my Z10 will it still work with my Playbook?

Thanks

:Beta1:

BE WARNED that I lost all my emails on my playbook prior to 30 days when my z10 synced with my playbook.

Also as a bug, my emails that I had sent from my playbook in that last month now only show up on my z10 and not on my playbook as well. Though new sends now seem to be appearing on both.

Also if you have an email account which is on the PB but not on the z10 then you will not be able to send/receive from that account while bridged to the z10.

If you weren't worried about syncing your emails and just wanted best method to connect the playbook to the Internet via the Z10 then I would use the Z10 as a hotspot (which connects to the Internet over 3g), as the playbook tethering option which works between my playbook and nokia phones does not appear to between my playbook and Z10!

The hotspot works just great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

The old bridge functions, i.e. being able to do BBM, TXT etc from the PB while bridged to the phone are now GONE with the Z10.

Basically bridge is now just a low speed internet tether to the Z10. Better to use the hotsspot.

BRING BACK THE PB BRIDGE FUNCTIONS !!!!!

New Contributor
Jasa215
My Device: Torch 9860

I'm with this person. 9 steps forward, not 5 steps back. Bring back BlackBerry Bridge functions.

New Contributor
Babs1964
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

Same here bought the Z10 yesterday and I should have read this forum first, I asked and they said everything would be fine, well it isn't now to decide if I want to take the Z10 back or keep it. That was one heck of an over look Blackberry, I wasn't expecting that from the developers. Just wish someone would speak up and at least let us know if they are going to fix this any time soon!

New Contributor
rsmitty99
My Device: Z10

Used to get text messaging on my playbook with my torch, upgraded to z10 and it's gone. Any ideas? Why

Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

It's almost like there was a team developing the original phone os, another team developing the playbook os, yet another developing bb10. None of them talked to each other. Lol. If bb10.2 can combine the best of all 3 we'll be ok :smileywink:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!