Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ronbold9700
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Travel is not Syncing to Outlook

As stated in my previous post, I too was having this problem.  I even opened up an case with BlackBerry by going through my carrier (AT&T).  Typically you can get to BlackBerry directly if the carrier can't resolve the issue.  They should connect you with a live BlackBerry tech support person.  BB Support had me do the usual "fix" of a battery pull and a few other things but that didn't fix the problem.  It was until I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled that everything started working on its own.  There was nothing I had to do beyond that to get everything to work just fine.  It re-read all of the itinerary emails in my email account automatically on reinstall.  Outlook, the BlackBerry Travel web site, and my Z10 were all in sync.

I would suggest to anyone having this problem that you start with an uninstall/reinstall.  I'm actually a litle ashamed of myself for not doing it before calling tech support.  I've been support BB devices for years and for whatever reason, it never crossed my mind.  Probably because it was partially working.

If that doesn't work, call your carrier and make them fix it.  If they can't, they will have to refer you to BB tech support.

You do have avenues for assistance.  Leverage them.  BlackBerry Travel is a supported carrier app.  You are paying them to use it.  I don't see much point in sitting back saying "they better fix it".  Be proactive.  It worked for me and might work for you as well.

-Ron
(8800, 8310, 9700, 9800, 9810, 9900, Z10)
Contributor
edwardskiba

I was looking into why there are different color schedules. One color is my "local" calendar (on the Z10 only), and the other is my Exchange calendar which syncs with everything.

For some reason, Blackberry travel is syncronizing with my "local" calendar, and NOT my exchange calendar. So the schedules stay on the Z10, and do not syncronize with exchange.

So now the question appears to be: How do I get Blackberry Travel to sync with my Exchange calenday on the Z10 instead of the "Local" calendar?

edwardskiba
Contributor
ronbold9700

Do you have an Enterprise device or just stand alone?

-Ron
Contributor
edwardskiba

I am a one person company, with one phone, and I use MSFT Exchange hosted by Microsoft on their 365 service. My phone is connected to the cloud exchange service through Active Sync.

With my Torch, I was connected through the BES cloud service, but that is not available for the Z10 on this service, so I am using ActiveSync.

edwardskiba
Contributor
ronbold9700

In BB Travel, if you swipe down from the top and go to "Settings", then scroll down to "Manage Emails", is the proper email address (associated with the calendar you want to use) associated as "Primary". If not, can you add the email address that is associated with Calendar?
-Ron
Workingmen
My Device: z10

BB Travel only puts the information into the local calendar regardless of which e-mail is primary.  This local calendar does not sync to any of my work, gmail or other calendars.  There is not a switch in BB Travel to tell it which calendar in which to put the information. 

Is there a work around to get the appointments into my PC calendar until BB issues an update?

I uninstalled and reinstalled BB Travel, Hard rebooted the z10, etc.  By the way there is not a way to change the primary e-mail on the z10, I had to go to the website on my PC. 

Contributor
ronbold9700

I have two users on a Z10. One uses his work account and the other uses his Personal account for BB Travel. Both of them are able to sync their BB Travel itinerary with Outlook.

I have one more user who received certain itinerary emails that are not being scanned by BB Travel and therefore no appearing in Outlook. I called my provider (AT&T) told them of the problem. They had no choice to transfer me to BB Support because AT&T couldn't solve the problem. Contacting your provider first is the only way to get to BB Support. In my case BB opened a trouble ticket and is working on the problem. It may be fixable or it may come in a future release - I don't know yet. But If I were you I would call my carrier and get my issue in the BB support pipeline.
-Ron
Regular Contributor
gliveron
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G

Any success at getting BB travel events to save into you work calendar rather than the local calendar ?? I'm struggling with the very same issue and can't find a solution...even reported it to AT&T tech support.
Regular Contributor
gliveron

Any success at getting BB travel events to sync into the third Z10's work calendar rather than the local calendar ?? I'm struggling with the very same issue and can't find a solution...even reported it to AT&T tech support.
Regular Contributor
gliveron

Any success at getting BB travel events to save/sync with your work calendar rather than the local calendar ?? I'm struggling with the very same issue and can't find a solution...even reported it to AT&T tech support.