Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ronbold9700
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Travel is not Syncing to Outlook

[ Edited ]

I'd like to reply to the iPhone thing.  I am currently running the "soon to be released" version 10.2 of BlackBerry's operating system.  I am ALSO on that same phone running Android applications like Google Maps (for Android), FlipBoard, Swtichvox (an extension of our phone system) and several others.

BlackBerry is not going away and BB10 is still in relative infancy.  I also had a conversation this morning with a coworker, whose daughter works for Apple.  The daughter was on the phone with Apple tech support (remember she works for the company) for three hours over 2 days because her upgrade to iOS 7 failed.  It still isn't right.  And I have yet to meet someone who has the new OS for Apple and LIKES it.

I have checked it out myself and right now all I see is that the iPhone can finally do some of the things that BlackBerry has always been able to do - like running multiple programs simultaneously, a centralized messaging console, etc.

This whole argument sounds like a battle between Fox News and MSNBC.  You listen to people who agree with you.  MSNBC (BlackBerry) doesn't have the viewers that Fox News (Apple) has, but which one is speaking the truth?  Who knows, but it's not CNN (Android).

So my point is that this is not the forum for opinions, it is a forum to help each other.  That's all.

-Ron
(8800, 8310, 9700, 9800, 9810, 9900, Z10)
Contributor
tonymarch

I'm having a weird BB Travel problem.  The BB Travel app shows everything in my trip (airfare, hotels, rental car, etc.).  However, the flight information is not being synched with my calendar.  When I look on the default calendar, all I see is the trip itself, hotel details, rental car details, etc.  Has anyone else come across this?  And idea how to fix it?  Thanks.

Contributor
jdmfraser
My Device: Q10

Please look at the previous messages, particularly ronbold 9700 on Oct 7.  The issue is very well sumarized and answered there.  I have started by deleting BB travel then I have rebooted.  Will reinstall at home where I have a better mobile and wifi signal.  Hopefully that will get the travel details back on my local calandar at least.

One of the great security advances by BlackBerry in BB10, not matched by iPhone and Android is separating through "Balance" personal and office programs and data.  Ron seems also have found a solution to the calendar entries only showing as a local (green) entry as opposed to the work calendar (blue) entry.  That will have to wait, for me, until Monday when our IT guy is back and see if I can install BB Travel on the work side of balance on my Q10.

Thank you ronbold 9700 for your very helpful advise (including your observations regarding Blackberry vs iPhone and android, which while admittedly off topic, needed to be said).  

New Contributor
TedQ10

Like so many other my BBTravel does not work on my Q10. Sync settings are all on. Logged into my account on my tablet to confirm my email address is set and confirmed as the primary address. I have uninstalled this app more than a dozen times still to no avail and at least half of these involved either a soft reboot or a "dump the battery" hard reboot. . I have made sure that in BBWorld i search for BBTravel for BB10 and download the limked app. Yet when I try to select automatic trip synchronization I get the error message other have had saying I don't have an email account with BBTravel - contrary to what I've seen on my Travel.blackberry.com account. I'm at a loss now. This was such a great app on my Bold - what a shame BB has missed the mark so badly.
Regular Contributor
gliveron
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G

I too had problems upon switching to my Z10 but I eventually got it to work perfectly. Been using it since last June with very few issues.
New Contributor
TedQ10

Well, congratulations!!  Here is a slow clap for you.  This kind of response is NOT helpful as it does not further or better the community with ANY type of useful information.  Why do you think we spend time researching this kind of forum other than to help solve a persistent problem.  I, for one, have better things to do with my time than to try to figure out a problematic app so an answer like yours just makes my blood boil.  What a colossal waste of time - both yours and mine - and anyone else who is reading this.

Far better would be a step by step recount of what you did to solve your problem.  As my original post indicated, I have tried all the steps previously suggested in this dicsussion but nothing has worked so far.  I am looking for something new and not yet shared in the community that would ADVANCE our collective knowledge.  Not someone with a "Look at me, am I not great?" throw-away comment.  So, if you're so smart, what DID you do to solve your problem.  Then, if you deem us worthy of your superior knowledge, please post what you did to solve the problem.  And by the way, if it is just more of what is already posted, then don't bother, because it is not new news - you just got lucky.

Contributor
ronbold9700

Are you on a Corporate BlackBerry server?  If yes, are you using BlackBerry Balance (chances are that's a "yes").  If so, your IT department must allow specifically BlackBerry Travel on the "Work" side.  Then you can uninstall BB Travel and reinstall it on the "work" side of your device.

If you don't use a corporate BB Server, what email account are you using?

Just because BB Travel can confirm an email address, does not mean BB Travel will work properly. There are other security issues behind the scenes than just verifying and email addess.  My post on October 7 lays out all of the different scenarios but I'm more than willing the help if I can.

-Ron
(8800, 8310, 9700, 9800, 9810, 9900, Z10)
New Contributor
TedQ10

Thanks Ron.  I don't separate my work and personal matters on my BB so everything is on the Work side - always has been.

mmeacher
My Device: Z30

It appears that bb travel is entering travel info into the bb calandar as "local".  To get it to syc to your exchange server calandar you can select the entry in your bb calandar, select edit, and change the entry from "local" to the calandar you want it to sync too.  I have not been able to find any settings in bb travel that allow you to change any defaults.

Regular Contributor
gliveron
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 • PlayBook 32G

You simply have to set the default calendar to your preferred calendar on your BB10 device...that is providing you have a separate account calendar setup of course !!  Once this is done, all BB Travel details will auto-install (according to you preferences) into said calendar.