Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Jothebulb
My Carrier: O2 UK

Blackberry Travel won't accept manual flight data

I am trying to manually enter flight data, as the airline I am using for a trip is a charter, and the airline cannot be located automatically. Neither the Z10 Travel app nor the Travel website will accept my flight data.

In each case, they reject the details, saying I need to enter both departure and arrival time. In each case I *have* entered the times - using the dials on the phone app, or the text boxes on the website. The departure time is 10.35, and the arrival (same day) is 16.25, but neither will recognize these times. Both the website and the app ask me to fill int hese boxes correctly, even though they are.

Any idea what the problem is?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jothebulb

Re: Blackberry Travel won't accept manual flight data

Really - no solutions to this? The software is hopeless if it cannot locate the flight data automatically.

Oh, and another bug - the program won't accept a trip of less than 24 hours duration. I make lots of meetings that require flights or train travel that are out & back in the same day. For some reason BB Travel thinks this is impossible, and *will not* let me enter a trip of less than 24 hours, and so the end day has to be at least a day later. That's really annoying, as I can enter the flight data quite happily, but still be told the following day that I am still on trip X, even though I have returned.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jothebulb

Further, I have checked & Monarch Airlines (IATA code ZB) support the Blackberry Travel application, according to technical note KB25898, so this inability to enter the flight data (or find it in the first place automatically) is even more mystifying.

Is there any way we can contact Blackberry about this? The technical support pages just direct me back to the community forums here.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello,

I have understood that the article from the public knowledge you are mentionning is this one:

KB25898 Supported BlackBerry Travel providers

Unfortunately, I think the reason is that there are two seperate "BlackBerry Travel" applications.

The first one is named "BlackBerry Travel", and indeed I am quite sure that the flights from Monarch Airlines work perfectly. This application can be installed on OS5/OS6/OS7, and has been updated several times across the past years.

The second one is named "BlackBerry Travel for Blackberry 10". It is an entirely different app, that only works for the Z10 today, and that has a subset of features compared to the first app. It is a very young application (it was released less than 3 months ago), and suffers many bugs and lacks features.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

regarding the app named "BlackBerry Travel for BlackBerry 10", there are two articles. The first one won't help you much in my opinion, but the second one may bring light to some of your observations.

KB33885 Migrating BlackBerry Travel trip data to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

KB33886 Using the Trip Scan feature in BlackBerry Travel to scan email messages for trip itineraries on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HamzaZ10
My Carrier: Telstra Australia

I can't believe this is still not fixed!

I can't use Blackberry Travel for my whole 3 week trip now! All because of a bug that won't accept any departure/arrival times that no one has bothered to fix!?

Please use plain text.