Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
Bronco
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Blackberry Z10 problem with whatsapp messenger

i have just recently acquired a Z10 am trying to install whatsapp messenger how ever my device gives me an error msg which reads device not supported i have done all software updates to the newest version however the problem persist plse can someone help

New Contributor
Makhulu
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Z10 problem with whatsapp messenger

Hey - The problem is with Cell C. They have not activated the Blackberry 10 software update that allows Whatsapp to install. I have visited Blackberry today with the same problem, then visited Cell C who claimed they are still waiting for the settings from Blackberry, despite the fact MTN and Vodacom Z10 users have been able to download.
New Contributor
Gerihul
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi It's not just Cell C, I just got a Z10 and I'm on Vodacom and I'm having the same problem

Contributor
tmocarol
My Device: z10

I have the same problem and my BlackBerry is just a week old. I'm still trying to find a solution. It inconveniences me a lot instead of making my life simpler. I've always been a fan of BlackBerry because of it making my life simple, but seemingly I misjudged rim even after my friends who use apple and Samsung warned me several times

pvanda
My Device: z10

I bought my bbz10 3 days ago and I cannot download whatsapp always saying that it is not available for the device. Plz help
Contributor
Danish88

Ive installed whatsapp on my bb z10, and it works well accept i cant copy the unknown number or add to a new contact.
For example, in a group, there are few new number of the group member that i haven't save yet,in order to save the number, i have to remember or write down the number to save to a new contact in phone adress.
Pls help. Thank you
New Contributor
ZubeidaP

Hello. Please explain how you downloaded whatsapp. I have mine 3 weeks now and still no luck. I get to the download screen and then the option for the download to the device is not available...

Contributor
Danish88

At first i cant download it too. After i update my os, i can download whatsapp from blackberry world like normal. U could try to check your os updated or not. Hope this helps.
New Contributor
ZubeidaP

Thanx for the response. How do I update OS? Doesn't sound like something technically challenged me can take a chance with byt if it is simple then yes please! Please advise?

Contributor
Danish88

Hey zubeida.

It is simple. Two ways. Either through blackberry link or just through your phone itself. Through your phone, go to setting menu, then chose software update. If you still encounter the problem of downloading whatsapp, maybe there are more experience bb user who can help u further. Hope this help. Thank you. :smileyhappy: