Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
deviance
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Bugs with the Facebook APP?

[ Edited ]

I noticed a new things with the FB app that came with my Z10:

1) Notifications I can't get rid of -

Sometimes when I get notifications and it goes into my hub, I can't get rid of it from my hub. It stays marked as "unread" and the notification that I have a new message is still there even though I've read it. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get rid of it, sometimes it takes alot longer. I think I have the same problem with messages.

2) Notifications in the App itself -

When I get a new notification, it shows up in my hub and the spark sign shows on the FB "frame". When I go into the FB app to check it, I go to my "notifications" but nothing new is there. I have to go to my news feed or my profile page which causes an automatic full refresh of the app before the new notification actually displays and I can view it.

3) Making new posts/comments -

Sometimes when I try to make new posts/comments/send messages via the FB app, there is like a delay - sometimes just 3 seconds, sometimes like 10+ seconds - before it actually goes thru. :-\

4) Facebook group options -

I'm unable to add people to groups. This is a feature I'd be grateful to have.

*Note to admin: I meant to post this in the "Downloaded Applications for Blackberry 10" Forum where I believe is more appropriate for this post. Would one of you be a doll and move it over. :-) Sorry for the inconvenience.

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Bugs with the FB APP?

Hello Deviance,

Thank you for reporting this information regarding the Facebook application, we will report this information to our development team for testing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
sonny307
My Device: Z10

Re: Bugs with the Facebook APP?

Going forward with Facebook faults...... is there a way of saving picks from within the app? 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

I do not understand what you mean by "saving picks"?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
dave-willis-cc
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I'm having issues with Facebook also. When I "Pull Down" the feed doesn't fresh correctly, instead I get posts which are about 12 hours old.
New Contributor
Iskwew
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I'm having the same problem with old posts. Sometimes 1 or 2 days old. When I "Pull Down" I might get a new post but most are 5 hours to 2 days old. Most times I have only 10-12 posts and that's it /:
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

@iskwew
are those the exact same messages that appear when you go to facebook.com on a desktop browser ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: