Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

ianj6381
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: EE

ChatOn

hi, is chaton (from samsung) available on the new app world for the Z10? can get it on my 9900 but realy need it to be on the z10 to keep in touch with my daughter who uses it on her ipod touch.

thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: ChatOn

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

As has always been, apps must be ported to every specific BB device model as well as major OS level. Especially with BB10, this is a major shift (though I hear that apps are actually easier to develop for BB10). Some developers choose to port to ALL BB platforms, but I usually see that most choose to port only to a subset of all (for whatever their reasons may be). But, it is the app developers who must choose to do this...and questions about if/when they will do so are best directed to the developer. You normally can find, on the AppWorld catalog page, contact information for the developer so as to ask them directly.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: ChatOn

hello ianj6381,

the ChatOn app for BlackBerry is developped by Samsung Mobile. It is currently available for most devices with BlackBerry 5/6/7 but not for BlackBerry 10 as far as I know.

I suggest you contact them and ask for the release date of the app for BlackBerry 10.

You can find their email on this page :
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/84368/ ("Email app support").

If they reply to you, could you please post back here so that other people will get the info too?

Thanks ianj6381.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.