Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mlester
My Carrier: Rogers

Closing Android ported applications - more specifically games

Hi there, I've installed some games (Angry Birds Star Wars, Jetpack Joyride,...etc) which I assume are Android ports.  These games typically run in landscape mode.

Maybe I am not swiping correctly from the bezel, but I find it extremely difficult to close these games when they are running.  I try swiping up from bezel in both portrait and lanscape mode, diagonal which I believe is the typical back button.  I believe this works on the Android Playbook apps also.

I do find it difficult though?

Please advise if there is a proper technique i should be adopting.

Mike

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Closing Android ported applications - more specifically games

swipe up from the middle of the bottom bezel.

in BlackBerry 10 (native or ports), the developer can configure the lenght of the area on the bottom bezel, from which you can do the swipe up to show the Active Frames.

For most games, the area is set to "narrow".
For landscape or portrait mode, the bottom bezel is the bezel that is at the bottom of your screen (so if you are in portrait mode, with the USB port facing down, the bezel with the USB port is the bottom bezel).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.